Evolution

Tibby

Do you believe in Evolution?  

77 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I believe in creation as it goes in Genesis. I base my faith on the whole Bible and do not pick pieces out to suit my convenience.

I believe that things adapt and therefore change.

The more I have studied biology and genetics the more I was convinced in creation.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what Kiwi said...I believe in creation in genesis...I do not believe I evolved from apes or fish...ewwww or some lower life form...gag!!! I believe we were created on purpose for a purpose.

Summit will kill me but...

I base my faith

I can't, nor challenge your faith my friend...I appreciate it though...

The more I have studied biology and genetics the more I was convinced in creation

You can't impose faith on anything (wo)man, I don't doubt that. I can't impose a higher being on anything...Still doesn't mean it is subject to proof.

Sorry Summit. :twisted:

Who witnessed the creation as portrayed in Genesis and then wrote about it?

While I'll say that God could have created the world as depicted, it doesn't seem that it happened in quite that fashion. I have had the opposite experience; the more I study biology, the more I believe in evolution. Life is amazingly complex. I can't imagine that human beings, as we know them today, are the result of some primordial ooze randomly having an extremely long streak of good luck starting 72 gazillion years ago, but I definitely see the evidence for something like that happening. This is where my belief in God is strengthened by science.

Exactly what Kiwi said...I believe in creation in genesis...I do not believe I evolved from apes or fish...ewwww or some lower life form...gag!!! I believe we were created on purpose for a purpose.

HAHAHAHAHA....how egotistic....how naive....how ignorant....

A) We likely did NOT evolve from apes, but from a common ancestor (probably 6-10 million years ago), but don't kid yourself.....we are apes.........our culture separates us.....if that....

:lol: from fish? Hundreds of millions of years ago yes....we did have a common ancestor......

C) Purpose? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....I don't doubt that we are here for a purpose....we are lucky that we have the ability to contemplate it though...

People, BILLIONS of years.............TELEVISION was created what? 50 years ago? Think about it......We are likely a drop (and a very small one) in a billion year wide bucket. Tough to imagine I know, but don't kid yourself....

Who witnessed the creation as portrayed in Genesis and then wrote about it?

Nobody, it is a fable written by man....prove me otherwise...

While I'll say that God could have created the world as depicted, it doesn't seem that it happened in quite that fashion. I have had the opposite experience; the more I study biology, the more I believe in evolution. Life is amazingly complex. I can't imagine that human beings, as we know them today, are the result of some primordial ooze randomly having an extremely long streak of good luck starting 72 gazillion years ago, but I definitely see the evidence for something like that happening. This is where my belief in God is strengthened by science.

But we only see the end result....writing has only been available for a short period of time in the scheme....at least that we can read....

I can't imagine that human beings, as we know them today, are the result of some primordial ooze randomly having an extremely long streak of good luck starting 72 gazillion years ago

Contemplate that time frame....then contemplate that there are that many universes going through the same trail and error.....no other intelligent beings up to our "standard"??????.....joke :roll:

What gets me snarling during the evolution debate isn't so much the ones who believe that there was something more than random chance involved, but those who try and discredit years of scientific research with half-assed, misleading pseudoscientific falsehoods to try and lead the less educated down the wrong path. If you so strongly believe in creationism, you shouldn't have to lie so much to convince others.

Personally I think the fact that evolution happened reinforces the miracle of life and gives me a stronger hope that there is something more than what we see here on earth, but then, I suppose the ones in Kansas trying to slap warning labels on biology text books have their merits too. No wait, they're a bunch of illiterate morons.

I am disappointed ... but not surprised ... I thought long and hard about submiting a post on this topic and still was attacked by what I stated as my personal beliefs. At no time did I try to say my thoughts and beliefs were the only way but apparently other subscribers chose to rubbish myself and others for what we believe.

It is hopeful that this is NOT the attidue of the site users in general. Otherwise I chose to 'hang out' elsewhere.

vs-eh?- This is ridiculous....I didn't call anyone a moron or idiot or any other name because of what they believe, so why should you do that to me or anyone else who's point of views are different from yours. Its live and let live. What you believe in is up to you because you have that right to choose for yourself how you were created. If you want to believe that you came from a monkey...so be it. I'm not saying you are wrong or right. I have my personal belief and that works for me. I don't down you for what you believe. I would never do that to anyone. So who is the "monkeys" uncle here? someone who chooses to live in peace and happy with who they are and what they believe? Or someone like you who likes to bash people for theirs? Id say you are and I think this thread should have never been brought up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.