I have no clue what is wrong with my wife.

itku2er

You got me there Terri, ummm I guess metoclopromide to qaulm the vomiting and monitor more, see what the vitals are like, is the husband in the ambulance with you or following in a private vehicle?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You got me there Terri, ummm I guess metoclopromide to qaulm the vomiting and monitor more, see what the vitals are like, is the husband in the ambulance with you or following in a private vehicle?

He is following behind the Ambulance.

I guess just monitor, continue to administer care to alleviate symptoms, save a sample of the vomitus for the medical staff and continue supportive cares and remain non judgemental.

Just a question, is the fishy smelling vomitus actually fish from dinner? I can't think of any other meds or anything other than omega three or fish oil capsules that would make it smell like fish....

fishy has me stumped but I think she injested something caustic and it is irritating her digestive system or she is bleeding internally also question what she took get a als rendezvous and treat for shock. If ingested substance meets protocol give activated charcoal. lets do a head to toe for injury sites or injection sites.

and I would be ready to do a fluid challenge if she keeps losing BP

ABC protect airway and get on down the road

How about we ask the question, "What did you do that you didn't mean to do?"

In other words, how did she attempt suicide...may clear some things up ;)

she ingested rat posion.

Heavy Metal Poisons like Zinc phosphide, Aluminum phosphide, and Magnesium phosphide

Brand names include Acme Mole and Gopher Killer, Gopha Rid, Kikrat, Mouse-Con, Mr. Rat Guard, Phosvin, Phosyin, Rumetan, True Grit Gopher Rid, and Zinc Tox.

With these poisons, the phosphide reacts with the gastric acid in the stomach causing the release of a gas that has the odor of garlic, rotten fish, or acetylene.

This gas is poisonous and causes rupture of fragile capillary beds in the kidneys, heart, liver, and lungs.

Edited by itku2er

Can you explain what you mean by poisonous gas????

Is this gas gonna knock out the crew in the ambulance? If it is then we need to stop the ambulance and call for a hazmat incident.

Is this gas gonna knock out the crew in the ambulance? If it is then we need to stop the ambulance and call for a hazmat incident.

No its a internal reference to the bulid up of the posion in the system its an internal reference not external. But just dont light a match around her if she farts! :P

I think I can give you a sample of the smell... I had a nice salad for dinner.

Interesting note though along those same lines as to what you are thinking Ruff...

Cyanide release closes Noblesville hospital

Nov 8, 2007 05:29 PM EST

Richard Essex/Eyewitness News

Noblesville - Things returned to normal at Riverview Hospital Saturday night, following a cyanide scare that afternoon. It started with a man's death this morning in Westfield, but during the autopsy of the man's body, things took a dangerous twist.

Channel 13 Eyewitness News