Wearable Defib Vest

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been looking into them here *in my role as a CCU nurse not in EMS* however a pretty price tag involved is the main stopping factor. One of the cardiologists I work with is keen to gain a stock pile of them as we have a queue of people waiting to get ICD's at the moment and so these could be quite helpfule.

I can just see it now though, some paramedics rocking up to an arrest, see a person twitching on the ground and thinking its a seizure not a lifevest and go to pull out the midazalam lol.

I think its a bit of ... watch this space.

You do NOT want to get arrested while wearing one of those. You'll be "BREAKING NEWS" on Fox News as the FBI and ATF respond with bomb squads to disarm your suicide bomber belt.

You do NOT want to get arrested while wearing one of those. You'll be "BREAKING NEWS" on Fox News as the FBI and ATF respond with bomb squads to disarm your suicide bomber belt.

Hell could you imagine the first crew responds, exposes the chest, craps themselves and calls the bomb squad leaving the patient on the ground twitching.

Seriously! This is something that every responder organisation needs to hold an in-service and post a photo bulletin of to make sure that everyone knows what it is, and how to deal with it. I can definitely see huge potential for grave misunderstandings and mistreatment by providers who don't know what it is. Possibly even a provider being hurt by it.

Good thread, Wintz!

My understanding is that if we are called to this guys house for..... for the sake of simplicity, unconscious pt. We roll up and guy is out, we need to wait for the vest to do its thing. (the article said there is an audible alarm) If said vest is not working, then we undo and move it and do our thing.

I dont know bout any of you but my first concern is I DO WANT TO GET SHOCKED. So Im gona pick the other guy to remove it.

I may not post alot but when I do it is usually interesting one. ;)

I have seen these before, they are really cool. Kind of reminded me of the movie "Tron" though. They appear to be relatively simple to work with.

I do believe in what Dust mentioned. Ambulance crews need to be more informed on them and given a better understanding about them. Same with fire service and law enforcement.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.