Attempted Suicide

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friend of mine recently had a patient that drank some ridiculously inhuman amount of bleach, almost a gallon I think.

I can't imagine drinking that stuff.. but then again I have taste buds.

We get suicide attempts in all the time but most of them are "trying to drink myself to death" or "I tried to take all my Xanax today" OD's which are pretty easy to deal with.

Never had a caustic ingestion yet.. thankfully.

Whoever gave us the idea that life was easy needs to be taken out back and brutally tortured

Suicide is a waste, it really is, I've buried enough of my friends to know that.

At the end of the day however ... if that's your chosen method of departure than so be it, who am I to judge you?

Whoever gave us the idea that life was easy needs to be taken out back and brutally tortured

Suicide is a waste, it really is, I've buried enough of my friends to know that.

At the end of the day however ... if that's your chosen method of departure than so be it, who am I to judge you?

The same person who said Life was easy was also the one to tell all the teachers that on the playground it's inappropriate to play tag and have someone be "it" because it might scar them.

I've never been a big proponent of private schools, but when I have kids I might just keep them out of public school to avoid this sort of paranoid, bubble-wrapped, liability and litigation obsessed, detached from friggin reality, assinine, politically correct, written by a committee of the ignorant, perpetuating everything that's wrong with our lack of personal responsibility, bullshit. I love to teach, but this social engineering shit is why I will never pursue teaching at an elementary or high school level.

Frack! I was in a good mood this morning until I read that crap.

What do you think about running in L&S with caustic ingestion pts? It seems like most of the damage would be done rather quickly with Drano, but what about other chemicals? Any treatments the hospital could do that you can't in the field (protocols allowing of course)?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.