What has been the most valuable thing you have learned on EMTCITY?

itku2er

What I learned on EMTCity is that I am a hood wearing white sheet wearing racist, courtesy of Crotchity medic.

After reading all the posts to this point, I felt compelled to reply….

Since I’ve joined this site, I’ve learned that although I may be ‘good’ as an EMT-B, I still have LOTS to learn.

While the ‘push’ to increase my educational expertise was the intended goal, I can’t say that the methods that were employed to accomplish this were the best ones available. Brow-beating someone into pushing further in their education, or denigrating them to the point of just leaving the site and the field is NOT the most effective use of the ‘tools’ that we possess!

Whether we are ‘fire based’ or ‘private carrier’, career or volunteer; we’re all in this for the same primary reason: to be able to help the people we treat to the best of our abilities!

There have been some on this site that REALLY scare me, due to the fact that I question HOW they ever got their license/certification in the first place, but conversely, there are people on this site that are just a wealth of information.

It has always been my contention that there is no ‘dumb question’ (aside from the ones not asked), and those that know the answer have a responsibility to help those that don’t know!

Further, I’ve found that there are a whole bunch of people here that are just plain nuts! (I think Admin needs to consider the aerial application of Prozac, Wellbutrin and Haldol!

What someone stole my id and posted lies I tell you. I am never wrong and never argue. :P

ATTENTION MEMBERS: PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM SPENAC, AS THERE IS A VERY LARGE BOLT OF LIGHTNING ENROUTE, AND THOSE STANDING TOO CLOSE TO HIM WILL BE HIT BY ACCIDENT!

Spenac:

It’s your story, man; you can tell it any way you want!

:lol::lol:

What I learned on EMTCity is that I am a hood wearing white sheet wearing racist, courtesy of Crotchity medic.

Ruffles: Since you and I think alike on a lot of things, I must be as ‘guilty’ as you, so I’ll stake my place beside you!

(Edited down by Richard B)

After reading all the posts to this point, I felt compelled to reply….

I still have LOTS to learn...

Whether we are 'fire based' or 'private carrier', career or volunteer; we're all in this for the same primary reason: to be able to help the people we treat to the best of our abilities! ...

Further, I've found that there are a whole bunch of people here that are just plain nuts!

As one who has been an EMT, EMT-D, and now they say I am an EMT-B (D= Defibrillation, B= Basic) for the State of New York, whoo yeah, we all still have a lot to learn, and possibly teach others.

I agree we just want to help.

As for being nuts, you say that as if it was a bad thing.

Edited by Richard B the EMT

(Edited by Lone Star for specific content)

As for being nuts, you say that as if it was a bad thing.

EMT City has found a way to gather all the freaks, nuts, flakes and general psycho's from all over the 'net, and damn it, I'm proud to be one!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

What has been the most valuable thing you have learned on EMTCITY?

I have learned that is the best place to mentally torture ... AK, Dust, and my beloved Assiephil or maybe whoever suits my fancy on a specific day .... ;)

cheers

I have learned that is the best place to mentally torture ... AK, Dust, and my beloved Assiephil or maybe whoever suits my fancy on a specific day .... ;)

cheers

And even tho, for some strange reason, we still sort of like you mate. Retardations & all.

Since I am currently a unemployed medic I live my life vicariously through reading these posts.

Like cliff and norm on cheers.also picked up alot of info on ekg interp. Yes I have no life,

but what the heck, I get some good laughs/info from reading these posts.

Cheers.

Edited by medic82942003