Medical First Responder Test

And I don't like the sounds of that at ALL.

I think that was a little uncalled for. Like I stated in my earlier comment, this was our first combined scenario. We had always practiced with two people groups working on specific things (Patient Assessment, Splinting, Bleeding Control, Shock Management, Backboarding, ect.). Therefore, when I was placed in the leadership position, I was a little overwhelmed. Our other instructor was, in my opinion, a much better teacher and overall AEMT. Thank you for your criticism, but I have developed a real passion for EMS in the two-and-a-half month class I just completed. I am really anxious to begin running on the ambulance so that I can really know what EMS is all about.

They aren't there to be mean to you. These things happen in real life. More often than not, much worse things come up. You can't be tested in an environment with perfect conditions. You have to be ready for that curve ball. Learn from this. They aren't mistakes. They are just trying to do what exactly had happened... overwhelm you. This is a stressful profession with every situation being different. Get used to being put through the ringer. Good luck.

I was accused of being a cold and sadistic evaluator at a practical session. I failed approximately 50% that came through my station.

I wasn't doing it for the power trip... you are being TESTED this isn't the time for someone to feed you answers.

Just a little off topic, but it amazes me how many students want to be spoonfed every bit of the way.

Sounds to me like the instructor set you up. I have actually been touching the pt. with my knee when shock was delivered and felt nothing.

It's not a matter of what "could" happen in real life. It is still first and foremost safety issue.

Did the instructor explain why you were failed? If not.. that does not help you or anyone else at all.

I think that was a little uncalled for. Like I stated in my earlier comment, this was our first combined scenario. We had always practiced with two people groups working on specific things (Patient Assessment, Splinting, Bleeding Control, Shock Management, Backboarding, ect.). Therefore, when I was placed in the leadership position, I was a little overwhelmed. Our other instructor was, in my opinion, a much better teacher and overall AEMT. Thank you for your criticism, but I have developed a real passion for EMS in the two-and-a-half month class I just completed. I am really anxious to begin running on the ambulance so that I can really know what EMS is all about.

sigh.

I wasn't talking about your performance in the scenario.

I was talking about the idea of a "youth ambulance program," because it sounds an awful lot like other programs we've seen posted here where high school kids are responding to 911 calls.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.