NREMT-P transfer to Alberta Paramedic?

Matt:

The reason for this is Alberta likes to be different and bucks the PCP, ACP, CCP trend of the rest of Canada.

Ahem: Not bucks .. please.

Did like the all seasons tires, and KaBec jokes .. good ones !

It sucks that you cant get a Timmies where your on shift ... heck even AK can get a Large double double ... and thats in Kandahar !

There are some very valid reasons that the PCP level (title) will be a very hard sell in Alberta, besides that the voting member's of ACoP mandated to maintain national affiliation with PAC @ last AGM 2008 ...

The council took a lawyers advice and they resinded that motion (see the Presidents message in the last Dialog on the website) not ALL of Alberta Paramedics and EMTs agreed with this path. AGM is coming up and I believe that this topic will be debated with some vigour I highly suspect. As a Profession we will go ass backwards until we recognise that National Affiliation is mandatory before any advancement will be made ... just my 2 cents.

MI/MEDIC:

I shouldnt say 100%, still have to write ACP in June.

Ah that sounds closer to the truth, direct reciprocity is jump on a truck and go, so your training has been accepted to challenge exams (written and senarios) I bet $$$ that a field evaluation will be next, an endorsement of an experianced Registered Paramedic is "factored" in as well, I hope ACoP informed you of this as well.

Soo just how long do you think it will take before you get your first paycheck MI/MEDIC ? The grass looks greener from the other side of the fence.

MI/MEDIC, you might want to get a ton of help if you are going to write ACP in June. The written and scenario's are fun!

Good advice kevkie lol, AND I have been lead to believe that the failure rate is rather high in the last few classes and that would be individuals that were trained here.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt:

Ahem: Not bucks .. please.

Did like the all seasons tires, and KaBec jokes .. good ones !

It sucks that you cant get a Timmies where your on shift ... heck even AK can get a Large double double ... and thats in Kandahar !

There are some very valid reasons that the PCP level (title) will be a very hard sell in Alberta, besides that the voting member's of ACoP mandated to maintain national affiliation with PAC @ last AGM 2008 ...

The council took a lawyers advice and they resinded that motion (see the Presidents message in the last Dialog on the website) not ALL of Alberta Paramedics and EMTs agreed with this path. AGM is coming up and I believe that this topic will be debated with some vigour I highly suspect. As a Profession we will go ass backwards until we recognise that National Affiliation is mandatory before any advancement will be made ... just my 2 cents.

MI/MEDIC:

Ah that sounds closer to the truth, direct reciprocity is jump on a truck and go, so your training has been accepted to challenge exams (written and senarios) I bet $$$ that a field evaluation will be next, an endorsement of an experianced Registered Paramedic is "factored" in as well, I hope ACoP informed you of this as well.

Soo just how long do you think it will take before you get your first paycheck MI/MEDIC ? The grass looks greener from the other side of the fence.

Good advice kevkie lol, AND I have been lead to believe that the failure rate is rather high in the last few classes and that would be individuals that were trained here.

cheers

Considering I already have my temp #, and paid for the June exam, I doubt ill have to do "field eval" or need endoresment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.