Quebec?

Quebec is like a child having a tantrum... at age 2, you tolerate it.... but over 100 years later, it gets tiring... and pathetic.

Nah Quebec is way more like the 17y/o who moves out but still calls home for money. "Sovereignty Association" is a bigger crock than "distinct society."

Scuba, I'm not sure what the quality of your education was, but a quick google of EMT-I programs showed me that they're pretty short. As a result you're probably lacking a good foundation in A&P, pharm and patho. (Nothing personal, don't actually know you.) This might not be a problem in Quebec as their system still lacks ALS and a is lagging in education standards, but you might want to consider restarting.

Dusty,

Try asking the families of the four RCMP members who were murdered in the line of duty in Mayerthorpe, Alberta, if they were real police officers. Or the families of the other 170 plus members who paid the ultimate price.

Edited by xlq771

4d)RCMP are NOT real cops.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! Touche!

Quebec is backwards in many ways, EMS being one of them.

Dusty,

Try asking the families of the four RCMP members who were murdered in the line of duty in Mayerthorpe, Alberta, if they were real police officers. Or the families of the other 170 plus members who paid the ultimate price.

xlq, lighten up a bit, sheesh. When it comes to the law enforcement community, the RCMP as a whole gets poor grades. Obviously Dust even in his locale and limited experience here has picked up on this. There are many reasons why due to the ineptness of the RCMP that the fallen four sacrificed their lives for nothing. Kind of like the ultimate sacrifice of the 'heroes' of 9/11? What did that accomplish?

There are many reasons why due to the ineptness of the RCMP that the fallen four sacrificed their lives for nothing.

My point exactly. Four good men sacrificed for a car repossession and a few pot plants. Their deaths were a testament to incompetence. A century of tradition unimpeded by progress.

Besides, they ain't even got no stinking badges!

Maybe this is an Ontario thing, but none of the cops here wear a badge unless it's a dress uniform. (if that)

The RCMP is a clear example of trying to do too much at once. You cannot be a national investigative and security service while still attempting to do small town and remote policing and do both well. Not and attract the best candidates and keep them.

Besides, how can you practice good community policing if most of your constables are being rotated out of these small towns to the jobs they actually wanted after a couple years?

The brass at the RCMP are not doing their people justice.

Last time I looked they did have badges on their uniform forage caps. As well each member is issued an ID shield that has the word police in the top banner in the middle a smaller version of the hat badge used by the RCMP and the lower banner has RCMP GRC with a number at the bottom of the shield.

The last time I looked the OPP doesn't have any shields on their uniform shirt they have an ID shield as well. The Toronto Police Service only has a hat badge that their members use off duty. Now for the US police forces that don't use shields on their shirts New York State Police, New Jersey State Police, anfd the Missouri State Highway Patrol.

Edited by fortsmithman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.