Quebec?

So I am an EMT-I in the U.S... Canada just passed legislature stating that people born to Canadian Citizens are now eligible for citizenship April 17... Which means I can apply for citizenship as my dad is a citizen.

My question is this... What would be the process to move to Canada to work... would I get reciprocity or would i have to start all over? Where is a good place to work? I have family in Montreal and Quebec so around there would be nice... I am seriously considering thinking of moving so any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

So I am an EMT-I in the U.S... Canada just passed legislature stating that people born to Canadian Citizens are now eligible for citizenship April 17... Which means I can apply for citizenship as my dad is a citizen.

My question is this... What would be the process to move to Canada to work... would I get reciprocity or would i have to start all over? Where is a good place to work? I have family in Montreal and Quebec so around there would be nice... I am seriously considering thinking of moving so any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's my understanding that EMS in Quebec is unique from the rest of Canada (just like everything else it seems some days). As for reciprocity. I can't say for certain but I think you are SOL and would have to start from scratch.

I'm not sure but I think I read somewhere that Nova Scotia Health might recognize your training and grant you a licence. If you do get licenced in Nova Scotia then you would be a Primary Care Paramedic. Check with the Government of Nova Scotia web site. I think you can but check to make sure.

http://www.gov.ns.ca/

1a)Sorry to hear

2b)You need to bilingual with the proper certifications current,up to date.

3c)Quebec is NOT apart of Canada.

It's not?? I just looked at a map and I know I'm not the brightest tool in the shed... it seemed to be apart of Canada... I will look into Nova Scotia thanks! And I wouldn't mind starting over since their education system for EMS is superior to that here in the US Thanks everyone for your help!

Kate

1a)Sorry to hear

2b)You need to bilingual with the proper certifications current,up to date.

4d)RCMP are NOT real cops.

Edited by Dustdevil

Best of luck to you Scubamedic. I forgot about Nova Scotia having a more permissive reciprocity process. If you do decide to come to Canada and "Start over" I would suggest going to school in Ontario. They currently have the best educational standards at the PCP (Primary Care Paramedic) level which is where all of us have to start out.

At the moment, Quebec is still a part of Canada. I suspect that what TDP wanted to say is that Quebec THINKS they are not part of Canada. Quebec would like to have the infrastructure that Canada provides, without having to pay for it, or having to follow federal laws. Quebec wants to be SEPARATE, but doesn't want to give up the benefits of still being part of Canada. Quebec is like a child having a tantrum... at age 2, you tolerate it.... but over 100 years later, it gets tiring... and pathetic.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.