EMT tactical...

I just learned what a EMT-T (tactical) was yesterday, and i was pretty interested in it. i was wondering if any one out there is one, or if any one knows some pay rates. Mostly i was wondering for the most part basic requirments to get to be and EMT-T on a SWAT team. i know its different from state to state, if it helps anyone out there im from Southern California.

o and by the way there is very little information on the internet that answer my questions so all you people out there are my last restort. (there arent many books on the subject either)

thanks for the help.

o and by the way there is very little information on the internet that answer my questions..

Probably because you're looking (and posting) in the wrong forum. Slow down and get the lay of the land here. All your questions have been asked and answered many times right here. Check out previous discussions and then let us know if there are any questions you still may have. Good luck.

Probably because you're looking (and posting) in the wrong forum. Slow down and get the lay of the land here. All your questions have been asked and answered many times right here. Check out previous discussions and then let us know if there are any questions you still may have. Good luck.

Dust has it pegged right there B)

I just learned what a EMT-T (tactical)

No state has an EMT-T level that I know of. Anyone who thinks that because they work with a swat team means that they can make up levels (cough EMT-T) should lose their license along with all the other medics who think that attending the CCEMT/P course means that their certification is now CCEMT-P (unless you live in one of the handful of states that has an actual CC cert).

No state has an EMT-T level that I know of. Anyone who thinks that because they work with a swat team means that they can make up levels (cough EMT-T) should lose their license along with all the other medics who think that attending the CCEMT/P course means that their certification is now CCEMT-P (unless you live in one of the handful of states that has an actual CC cert).

Massachusetts has a provision in appendix U of the statewide tx protocols for tactical EMS, although does not recognize the title. It is an expanded scope of practice as dictated by the organizations medical director (MD). So, in theory, one can attend numerous tactical EMS courses and have no additional scope of practice based on where they work, or could have quite liberal protocols without any "tactical" training based on directives set forth by their medical director.

Massachusetts has a provision in appendix U of the statewide tx protocols for tactical EMS, although does not recognize the title. It is an expanded scope of practice as dictated by the organizations medical director (MD). So, in theory, one can attend numerous tactical EMS courses and have no additional scope of practice based on where they work, or could have quite liberal protocols without any "tactical" training based on directives set forth by their medical director.

True, but paramedics who provide tactical services are still EMT-Ps. They don't become an EMT-Tactical just because they are associated with a police service, regardless of any additions to their scope. The OP specifically used the term EMT-T, which is misrepresentation since no EMT-T level exists.

I just learned what a EMT-T (tactical) was yesterday, and i was pretty interested in it. i was wondering if any one out there is one, or if any one knows some pay rates. Mostly i was wondering for the most part basic requirments to get to be and EMT-T on a SWAT team. i know its different from state to state, if it helps anyone out there im from Southern California.

o and by the way there is very little information on the internet that answer my questions so all you people out there are my last restort. (there arent many books on the subject either)

thanks for the help.

Usually have to go through some type of LE training and a Tact Medical school..

Some agencies at least here in Colorado-Commissioned you as a reserve officver, because you are armed also.. (your Protection)

Good Luck!!!!!

Place I work for is doing a thing called "Medic Up". It is supposed to be a tactical thing. I will update on here when I hear more about it and how it is. Not taking it personally though. The task force up in the area where I work requested us to do it for their swat team. I live too far away to be "on call".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.