Private Amb. Companies in NYC

In my opinion, having worked, Private, Hospital based, and for both FDNY-EMS and NYC-EMS,

No Private ambulance companies in NYC are "good" they all have the bare minimum of equipment, the smallest cheapest ambulances, and they also pay the least..

If you want a good private company go to a Private hospital they pay better, and they do 9-1-1 call.

With Pvts. in NYC you will do mostly transfer work.

Edited by FormerEMSLT297

• 2 weeks later...
side question here: Is it possible to find part-time work as an EMT for the companies listed earlier? Long Island as well?

Probably.

And so you know, FDNY EMS is "Full Time", no part time. Many FDNY EMS personnel, and some FDNY Fire Fighters with the training, work part time with these private companies.

• 1 month later...
Hey guys I am new to the board and I wil be graduating medic school in the summer and I just wanted to know about private amb. companies in Ny. I am planning to relocate in the near future to work for one of the companis in one of the 5 Boroughs up there. Are their any good companies to work for, do they offer good benefits, union, good pay, flexible scheduling etc. I also wouldn't also mind working in the outskirts of the city to. I heard about a couple so far Transcare, and Citiwide ambulance, does anybody know if there good companies. All information is greatly appreciated. :mellow:

DONT GO TO TRAS-SCARE...THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!!

DONT GO TO TRAS-SCARE...THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!!

Don't be a hater just because they fired you ... I'm sure everyone on here will agree what you did was not professional and there is no room for that in this profession.

FYI have you seen the new midwood flier? Your co-conspirator and your old partner (and mine for that matter) is on it.

• 8 years later...
On 5/24/2009 at 10:40 AM, tskstorm said:

Don't be a hater just because they fired you ... I'm sure everyone on here will agree what you did was not professional and there is no room for that in this profession.

FYI have you seen the new midwood flier? Your co-conspirator and your old partner (and mine for that matter) is on it.

ooooh  what did he do?? Inquiring minds want to know. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.