Spenac Ambulance Service

brentoli

How about this: RESTRAINT OF BACKBOARD fail. If they had used tie-straps to hook that sucker in there so that the poor folks also riding along in the back weren't the only ones responsible for making sure it stayed in, this might not have been a fail.

I'm all for improvisation when the situation calls for it. But you have to ensure the safety of the providers and the patient. I'd have tied the backboard down using several anchor points, and I would have also used tie-straps to give myself as a responder a lap-restraint belt. And I would have had someone else drive, who knew that you have to drive VERY CAREFULLY with a backboard and riders in your pickup bed.

Whoopsie!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

How about this: RESTRAINT OF BACKBOARD fail. If they had used tie-straps to hook that sucker in there so that the poor folks also riding along in the back weren't the only ones responsible for making sure it stayed in, this might not have been a fail.

I'm all for improvisation when the situation calls for it. But you have to ensure the safety of the providers and the patient. I'd have tied the backboard down using several anchor points, and I would have also used tie-straps to give myself as a responder a lap-restraint belt. And I would have had someone else drive, who knew that you have to drive VERY CAREFULLY with a backboard and riders in your pickup bed.

Whoopsie!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Good points we'll do better next time I promise. :P

Good points we'll do better next time I promise. :P

:iiam:

you are :closed: down son no more spenac ambo service :rolleyes:

One of the comments says it's in Venezuela. I could see someone being transported like that, if it were out here, and they were in the middle of the woods. However, on paved roads? If they're that hard up for an ambulance, maybe try a station wagon..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.