Illegal Mexican Killed by Ambulance

Dustdevil

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least that's one less illegal immigrant taking up all the government help that they truly don't have a right to.

Actually the government will end up paying his family more in a settlement than a life time of benefits. Plus most illegals do not file for benefits, they work hard doing jobs us lazy Americans would never do, and they do it cheap under the table. Yes there are some here that abuse the system but most actually stay hidden and because of it live in very bad conditions.

...they work hard doing jobs us lazy Americans would never do, and they do it cheap under the table.

They do work hard. But this nonsense about them doing jobs that no American would ever do is utter bollocks. Ever watch "Dirty Jobs"? You don't see any illegal Mexicans doing those jobs, you see Americans. Do you think all those people paying Mexicans to mow their lawns and clean their homes couldn't afford to pay an American? Do you think they are incapable of mowing their own lawn or cleaning their own house? Mexicans are like the volunteer firemen of the American workforce. Parasites that cheapen the value of the work, ensuring that employers who can damn well afford it will never have to pay a living wage to American workers.

First, nobody wants these immigrants to be killed, and the crew must be in shock. I doubt they give a damn about the citizenship of this person as it relates to this incident- the crew accidentally took a life- not why they are in this business- and they will have to live with this the rest of their lives.

I realize folks who live and work in the South and Southwest have a vested interest in the immigration issue, but it does affect everyone. It's like the old issue of whether police should engage in chases of criminals- especially in crowded urban areas. When someone is accidentally killed by the police or the fleeing suspect, every wants to know if that chase was really worth it. Police have severely curtailed these chases because of liability- courts have awarded millions to the families of these innocent victims and held the municipality liable for what happened.

Is it right to be chasing someone simply because they are illegal? Personally, I think the concept of "illegal" is pretty clear. Either we abolish all border controls, or we enforce the laws we have, but you can't have both. Tragic incidents happen- illegals become lost and die in the middle of the desert, die because they are packed into a truck/train car/trunk like cargo, etc. Clearly to them, the risks to get here far outweigh the dangers they face on their journey- especially since they know that once here, the odds say that they will never get caught and returned home.

I know- derailed a bit from original point, but I think still pertinent to the discussion...

Is it right to be chasing someone simply because they are illegal?

You're assuming that the only reason they were being chased is because they were here illegally; Fact not in evidence.

I know this is going to come off as jaded, cold, hard hearted (or whatever other term you feel like inserting at this point), but when the officer ordered them to halt, they should have STOPPED running!

EVERYBODY knows that when you run, it only makes a bad situation worse. It's not a difficult concept to follow!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.