Illegal Mexican Killed by Ambulance

Dustdevil

I can think of few things funnier than this story.

http://www.ksat.com/news/19002893/detail.html#-

Ambulance Hits, Kills Illegal Immigrant

Victim Was Among Several Immigrants Who Ran From Frio County Law Enforcement

POSTED: Tuesday, March 24, 2009

UPDATED: 1:23 pm CDT March 24, 2009

SAN ANTONIO
-- An illegal immigrant was hit and killed by an ambulance early Tuesday in Frio County.

Sheriff's officials said the immigrant was among four people who ran from law enforcement authorities north of Dilly.

The group was in a vehicle that led a deputy on a high-speed chase on Interstate 35 at around 5 a.m. when the vehicle stopped.

Seven people ran out of the vehicle but three stopped on orders by law enforcement officials.

The other four kept running and that's when one of them was hit by the ambulance.

There was no word on whether anyone else was injured.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats a relief I though some of my partners made the national news before I did. :P

Wonder if the crew that hit him attempted to help him or they waited for another ambulance so as not to be accused of conflict of interest.

Wonder if the crew that hit him attempted to help him or they waited for another ambulance so as not to be accused of conflict of interest.

If that were the case, wouldn't they probably still be waiting? :lol:

Like everything in life I am sure there is more to the story. It leaves alot to the imagination like I want answers to these questions I have tons of questions about this.

Did the illegal immigrant run infront of the ambulance and was hit?

Did the ambulance driver try to avoid hitting him if there was time?

Why was the ambulance in the area in the first place were they on a call?

What were the demographics of the area?

Now on the serious side I hope the crew is coping with it, must be a shock to have accidentally killed someone. For the illegal I hope he had ID so his family will be able to know what happened to their loved one.

Oh and JP neither side would bury them.

Did the ambulance driver try to avoid hitting him if there was time?

I would hope that this question was asked as a joke. Its hard to imagine that even the most redneck, jaded, burnt employee would intentionally try to hit a fleeing mexican.

It a shame to hear someone was killed. Illegal immigrant or not, it was still a human life.

Why were they running? Did they rob a liquor store, try to see an R rated movie and produced no ID, kill someone?

Sadly, police chases end in disaster, usually for the person or persons being chased. What makes it even worse, is that they WERE being chased and had the potential for injuring or even killing another person who was just out for a walk. If the cops didn't chase them, maybe they all would be alive and unhurt. Chase them down, why bother? What is four more illegal immigrants? Certainly not worth chasing them resulting in a human life and endangering the public.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.