French woman training to be EMT

natacha

Welcome! I don't think any of your concerns are going to amount to anything. Few people have problems with foreign accents. It is regional accents that we dislike. Nobody wants to work with someone with a New Jersey accent. And in Floridia, you will very quickly learn what a New Jersey accent sounds like.

What will be a problem for you is simply getting a job in your chosen field. Thousands of people apply for every opening in the paid fire service. Competition is fierce. It's an easy, no-brainer job with security that you can relax and retire from, so everybody wants it. Good luck getting in, but don't put all your eggs in one basket. You'd better have a plan B.

Thank you for the advice.

Ok ok people. That's wonderful you can speak another language and you are trying to make her feel welcomed. Not everyone speaks French though and it is unfair to others reading the thread when you speak in another language. :)

Sorry.

I was jut replying in French since the message was in French.

You're right.

Non, je ne suis pas pompier. Je suis infirmier graduee en Pays-Bas. Ici, la service d'urgences medicaux est charger des infirmieres, pas de paramedics. Nous n'avons pas aussi les medicins, comme La France.

M'èpouse ne sera pas s´advis comme elle est une femme! Desolée, cést une blague!!

Bon chance avec la formation, vous réussira!

WM

Ah ok. It's nice.

Thanks.

Bonjour! Enchanté. Je suis Ashley et je vis dans le Wisconsin. Bienvenue. Vous ferez bien ici. J'espère que vous apprécierez! Son agréable de voir des gens d'ici international. Si vous avez des questions, n'hésitez pas à demander! Bonne chance!

Hello Ash,

I will sure appreciate some advices later on since I did not start the training yet. In which field are you working ?

Thank you. Really nice to meet you.

Natacha.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

I didn't write the piece in French to show how wonderful I am at languages, I already know that . B)

I also thought twce about replying in French, as I was aware that it would seem rude to some. However, Natacha posed the question to me in French and it seemed even ruder to not answer it in the same language.

And to think i was telling her in french what a friendly bunch you are.......... :lol:

WM

Hello All,

I didn't write the piece in French to show how wonderful I am at languages, I already know that . B)

I also thought twce about replying in French, as I was aware that it would seem rude to some. However, Natacha posed the question to me in French and it seemed even ruder to not answer it in the same language.

And to think i was telling her in french what a friendly bunch you are.......... :lol:

WM

I know what was said :D

I was just saying is all, some people might get annoyed by it, that's all :)

No matter what the language, we ARE a friendly bunch. We are also opinionated, and do not always agree with each other, and give full voice to the disagreements.

I was , admittedly, feeling left out, as all my school years, in foreign language, were in Spanish, not French, and I can't speak that either.

Félicitations!

That word really worried me until I had it translated. I thought you were being highly inappropriate (yet titillating) with our new friend! :unsure:

I was just saying is all, some people might get annoyed by it, that's all :)

Anyone clueless enough to not search for and find www.freetranslation.com deserves to be annoyed.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.