A little prayer please

I'm taking the practical in the morning for paramedic registry. Normally not as nerve racking as the CBT, but I finished paramedic school a year and a half ago. Due to some extreme circumstances, I'm just now getting to the test.

Although I have been working a BLS unit in the interim, I haven't looked at some of this stuff in a long time. I've been cramming this weekend like you wouldn't believe.

Anyway, for those of you that believe in the power of prayer, and are inclined to do so, please take ten seconds to say a little one that I may have recall of the things I need.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm taking the practical in the morning for paramedic registry. Normally not as nerve racking as the CBT, but I finished paramedic school a year and a half ago. Due to some extreme circumstances, I'm just now getting to the test.

Although I have been working a BLS unit in the interim, I haven't looked at some of this stuff in a long time. I've been cramming this weekend like you wouldn't believe.

Anyway, for those of you that believe in the power of prayer, and are inclined to do so, please take ten seconds to say a little one that I may have recall of the things I need.

Thanks.

Just noticed this. Sorry, I'm a little late. Do you know how you did yet?

Thanks.

I hope you did well and wish you all the best, but if we step up and cover you this time, who is going to cover you on all your future ALS calls? Seriously, I hope you know this stuff and don't need us to remind you through group think.

Thanks.

Good-Luck. Train for the worst, hope for the best.

Thanks for the thoughts. I did pretty well. Wound up having a fever that day and the two days following. Felt like crap about an hour after arriving at the test site. Flew through everything though till I got to cardiac. Forgot to gel the pads before shocking. Not bad considering I got home and had a temp of 103.5. Going back 4/4 to redo that station then on to the dreaded CBT.

Hopefully it won't take the smell of burning flesh to remind me to gel the pads in real life. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the thoughts. I did pretty well. Wound up having a fever that day and the two days following. Felt like crap about an hour after arriving at the test site. Flew through everything though till I got to cardiac. Forgot to gel the pads before shocking. Not bad considering I got home and had a temp of 103.5. Going back 4/4 to redo that station then on to the dreaded CBT.

Hopefully it won't take the smell of burning flesh to remind me to gel the pads in real life. :rolleyes:

not gelling the pads is a critical fail? that must be new.

Yeh, me thinks not....especially since we haven't recommended or tested people on paddles in quite a long time.

Come on now, what was the real reason.. :):)

Depends on the site. Most still use the lp10s or older for testing. I used a 10 when I tested, but never once had to say anything about gelling the pads.

http://www.nremt.org/nremt/downloads/Dynamic%20Card.pdf

No mention of using gel on paddles.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.