Is this wrong?

FireMedic65

So I was on a long transport and I picked up some food (A couple cheese steaks from Pat's). I didn't want them to get cold, so I put them in the IV warmer. I thought it was a great idea. Until day shift came in to do their truck check and asked me why the MICU smelled like cheese steaks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was on a long transport and I picked up some food (A couple cheese steaks from Pat's). I didn't want them to get cold, so I put them in the IV warmer. I thought it was a great idea. Until day shift came in to do their truck check and asked me why the MICU smelled like cheese steaks.

''

Personally I say yes its wrong because that is a peice of medical equipement it is an infection control issue.

I would have to check but I believe you can be fined several thousands of dollars and possibly lose your certification for food in the patient compartment. I could be wrong or perhaps that is a state by state thing.

I would have to check but I believe you can be fined several thousands of dollars and possibly lose your certification for food in the patient compartment. I could be wrong or perhaps that is a state by state thing.

Yeah I think that is about right. What would happen if you put them in there had a code or bad MCI and forgot about them? Could become a major issue.

Yeah I think that is about right. What would happen if you put them in there had a code or bad MCI and forgot about them? Could become a major issue.

When I was on the road touring with bands, one lead singer -- who shall remain nameless -- bought several pounds of crawfish to bring back to Texas from Louisiana. She stuck them in the microwave to keep them from stinking up the bus. Then she forgot about them when we got back to Texas, and they festered in the microwave, in Texas summer weather, for a week. When we got back into the bus the next weekend, we about died from the smell. You would NOT want to be remembered for doing that in an ambulance!

That had to be such a foul smell!

When I was a kid, I was in my basement putting together model airplanes. I unplugged "something" so I could plug in a lamp for better light. Little did I know, what I had unplugged was our bigass freezer that was full of deer meat and beef. Also during the summer, while it was not Texas... it still produced a very horrible smell.

Lose your certification?

This is an OSHA violation, not an OEMS violation.