Baveria(Germany) Standard Ambulance and System description

I forget who I bought my train tickets through when I was living there, I'd get it online versus going to the Hbf. Aside from stopping 900000 times between Regensburg and Frankfurt it wasn't terrible. It might not be cheap anymore or something, I know after the strike my ticket prices went up for long hauls. Train system is still 900 times better than the US :P

Annnnd off to paramedic class I go.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

pic1.JPG

(The station. Parked in front is the car of the "Chief of Rescue" of my Company and the so called "House-Emergency-Car". This car responds to the S.O.S. Buttons older people who live alone can rent. If none answers an ambulance and this car is dispatched. The "House-Emergency-Dispatch" has keys to the apartments... So this car brings the key... Of course it's staffed with an trained EMT-I who can first-Responder if necessary.)

pic2.JPG

(Front picture of the "critical care transport vehicle". It's used mainly for long range intensiv care transport. The integrated light system -called Delfis- is the upcoming trend here... Especially for long range transports on the highways the driving comfort is much better than in an normal ambulance...as well as the fuel consumption)

pic3.JPG

(Patient transport ambulance. Normally used for dialysis transports, interfacility transports of non-urgent and non critical patients. Staffed with two EMT-I. Normally the hole place is crowded with them, but they were all "running".. So just this one's left -had an radio-problem-. Again due to the fact that we often do long range transports with an integrated light and signal system. )

pic4.JPG

(The control-console of my rig...Due to the fact that our new rig has been assigend to another station (they broke theirs) we have to use this piece of s*** again... Very old one, but as long as it's runs... On the left side you see the radio device. It uses an system called "FMS" which can transfer our status -etc. "on scene"- by pressing one button. The black thing on the upper part is the light control system with the electrical siren. the buttons on the lower part of the pic are for scene lighting, the compressor-driven siren, etc.)

pic5.JPG

The old rig from outside... Mercedes Benz 315 as well.

Note that this rig has it's own door to acess the equiptment from outside.

pic6.JPG

Patient compartment of that rig. Due to the fact that it's so old we have no room to store all stuff properly..So my helmet and on bag has to stay "on top"... Hate it...

On the left site you see the "action wall" with Respirator, LP12, syringe pump, suction... The photo is taken close to the roof, so you might not see it, but: It's 2m high...;)

The red pack on the left side contains all drugs...

pic7.JPG

The back of the patient compartment. Stryker stretcher, Vacuum matress (on the left side), Shovel stretcher (we don't use backboards here), kids-securing system in the orange back, ferno stair chair and 2 10l bottles of oxygen;) )

pic8.JPG

View inside one of the cabinets... i.V.'s, oxygen masks, etc....

pic9.JPG

Special view... Some of you might know where this is... It's in the middle of the "Theresienwiese"... Here the world famous "Oktoberfest" takes place;)

Greetings,

Phil

I work also right at this station in Munich-Germany....heyPhil...the world is very small.... ^_^

I could never accept an ambulance with just one stretcher.. Gotta have two places to transport someone, otherwise, we'd never be able to get enough mutual aid. We'd need to an MCI response to every multiple vehicle accident.

• 2 weeks later...

I could never accept an ambulance with just one stretcher.. Gotta have two places to transport someone, otherwise, we'd never be able to get enough mutual aid. We'd need to an MCI response to every multiple vehicle accident.

Well, we can get about 50 ALS-Ambos within half an hour, 6 helicopters, about 100 Patient-transport/BLS Ambulances and about 1000 men of the mass casualty units...so...well... Normally we have enough room for everyone;)

• 2 weeks later...

In rural Germany most counties have so called "SEG" (Schnelleinsatzgruppe = Fast Response Units).

These units are made for smaller"mass casulty incidents" (MANV => Massenanfall von Verletzten =Massive occurrence of injured people), for example MVA'S with 4-20 Patients, burning houses, etc.

They are volunteer based and mostly operated by the German Red Cross.

Their members get alarmed by pagers or cellular.

http://www.schnelleinsatzgruppe.de/segesslingen/index.htm

(Some Photos of an SEG in South western Germany - German page, but the photos are quite good)

• 5 months later...

Hey,

sorry for deleting the pics, but I've got fired a few weeks ago and tomorrow will be my last day with an job.

I was fired for sueing my company for not paying my salary as they must by law, not paying my salary while being ill (as they must by law), not giving me the chance of having payed vacation (which is a right guaranteed by law) and hindering us installing an so called "Betriebsrat" (kind of the workers committee... also a right guaranteed by law).

During the last weeks we (my partner, my GF and me) gut bullied by the company.... Anonymous emails and calls, etc...

But, after all, it's not to bad, I started studying "business administration and health care managment" a few month ago and will now focus on that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.