Lifepak 15

Hey all, I subscribed to the e-newsletter about updates of the Lifepak 15. Not sure if any of you are familiar with the site launching the new unit so here is the link with some info and videos.

Basically a lighter and brighter Lifepak12. Designed mainly for EMS in mind.

Dust no bad comments lol, just posting this for information rather than product placement (*cough MRX beats Lifepak*)

Scotty

Lifepak 15 page

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to play with one the other day and was not impressed. For the predicted costs of the device I am not convinced its worth the price.

Weight is just a few pounds in difference, not notable when lifting it. Yeah, it has a pretty multi color screen monitor and can reverse black & white for those sunny days. The only true advantage I see was the Sp02 probe can also monitor Co but I really don't have that many Co poisons to jusitfy the cost adjustment.

The other adjustment was the monitor defib cord was more firmly attached & BP quick connect was better designed, items that should had be modified with the later LP 12's. The ALS package that will accept art line & other hemodynamic wave forms, and blue tooth capability is nice but very few services will require such.

Now here is a down side, the batteries are a totally different size. Hence no more LP 12 batteries, etc. being able to fit or be used. New batteries, new charger for your unit.

Now, comes the "bite em in the butt"; since they are awaiting FDA approval. Seeing how the market is going to go instead of producing products that will not sell immediately.

I was told predict the LP15 to be about >$25 -30k a piece.

Looks alright, but could use some more work. Durability is nice, but I can't remember anyone ever actually dropping our monitors. As for all the capabilities, it is only a matter of time before facilities will be equipped for them. Bluetooth is kind of cool too. If you have a laptop in your unit, it can automatically transfer all the info from the monitor right to the laptop. Now you have a digital copy of the events on your laptop instead of having to print out a 10ft long code summary when you forget to press the print button again. Seems like things are getting better, but still have a long way to go.

We just replaced 15 of our Lifepak 12's for the new Phillips MRx. We demoed a couple different monitors before settling on the Phillips. I have to say that lifepak 15 better come with a million dollars or no paramedic in my service will be remotely interested. I started my career with a lifepak 5 and had honestly never used anything other than physio-control. I went into our new monitor lecture with a lot of reservations. I've had my Phillips for two weeks and I will never willingly go back to physio-control again. We actually have some of the crusty old medics coming in from the rurals to work in the city just to use these brand new monitors.

That aside, it is a cute little video on their new monitor. I'll be interested in seeing it when it's a little farther down the American food chain. Propaganda is nifty, but I need physical proof.

Is anyone else using any of the new generation of monitors? I'd love to hear how they are comparing for people. Perhaps a spin-off thread.

It looks interesting, but I don't really see much that makes it more appealing than the LP12. I find the video kind of pointless, there are a lot of really nice, dramatically shot situations where it’s being used, but it doesn't give any insight as to the actual function of the thing. I do find it interesting that "Calgary EMS" seems to be featured quite prominently on the website; I had no idea that the city was a shill for physiocontrol.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.