Should EMS report Illegal Aliens?

spenac

Would you report an Illegal that needed medical care?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you report an Illegal that needed medical care?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • It is unethitical
    • It is my patriotic duty to report
  2. 2. Would you provide needed medical care despite above answer?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Whos going to pay for his treatment?

arent we holier than thou ? Because someone doesnt speak english you will report them. Why not report all black people as they are obviously dealing drugs or committing some crime ? What about the white executive that confides in you that he had chest pain while having sex with his mistress -- do you call the wife ? What about all the redneck women in trailer parks, no doubt they probably do prostitution on the side. How about your partner for his/her various sins they have confided to you or you have witnessed ? How about you ? Did you ever drive drunk ? Ever steal something as a kid ? Ever cheat on your taxes ? Ever lie about being sick when you called in at work, when you werent ? Ever take a peak at a patients privates ?

People in glass ambulances shouldnt throw stones !!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arent we holier than thou ? Because someone doesnt speak english you will report them. Why not report all black people as they are obviously dealing drugs or committing some crime ? What about the white executive that confides in you that he had chest pain while having sex with his mistress -- do you call the wife ? What about all the redneck women in trailer parks, no doubt they probably do prostitution on the side. How about your partner for his/her various sins they have confided to you or you have witnessed ? How about you ? Did you ever drive drunk ? Ever steal something as a kid ? Ever cheat on your taxes ? Ever lie about being sick when you called in at work, when you werent ? Ever take a peak at a patients privates ?

No Crotch those that report did so not because of lack of English as many comprehend English better than you. They report because the person is in the country illegally. How are we to say that the illegal you transport is not on a terroristic mission, now you just helped them harm innocent people. Nice try on bring out bogus stereotype though.

Oh and patients privates yes I have peaked many times and at times have had something peaking back called a baby. In the course of our job we see every inch of many patients, that is if you are doing a proper medical exam.

And never drove drunk, never stole, never cheated on taxes, never called in sick when I wasn't.

I have not seen a glass ambulance big enough to climb into to try throwing a stone inside of it. :lol:

Let's see – route of choice for administration of life-saving ACLS meds, route of choice for administration of blood and blood products, route for of choice for induction of pre-surgical anesthesia for life-threatening conditions, route of choice for administration of fluids / pressors to sustain viable MAP, route of choice for administration of certain antitoxic agents, route of choice for administration of antibiotics for meningococcal septicemia, or bacterial PNA / sepsis, route of choice for the timely adminstration of thrombolytic agents for CVA / MI, etc, etc.

You could use your argument for any other single intervention out there, including O2 administration. Point being, IVs are used in conjunction with continued care, and have been integral in saving many lives. Lives which may have been lost if access was unobtainable or delayed.

ACLS is a class indeterminate intervention. There is not a shread of proof that ACLS has any effect on cardiac arrest outcomes....try again.

Blood transfusion are life sustaining, not life saving...you may also want to check into the associated complications of blood transfusions. Which is not applicable in the pre-hospital setting.

Other routes are also used that may be delayed, but are effective. Yes IV is the fastest route and the preferred route. However the uses are more for sustaining life vs saving life.

Along with any medication, it either works or it doesn't so it does not matter whether or not an IV is established or not. Its the medication doing the work, not the IV.

We can argue this one all day or call it a day.. you decide

Out of all the things an EMS provider might consider reporting, an illegal immigrant would be ridiculously low on the list. Usually EMS only reports if an immediate threat to someone.

It's part of that differentiating from PD, so people who are scared of PD (maybe they arrested daddy one day and kid thinks he should call for self or mom having CP) won't be scared to call EMS.

Usually these types of posts have to do with finding massive amounts of drugs or something big like that were threat isn't immediate, but still a threat. For an immigrant? Come on, now. (And you don't even know for SURE he's illegal, just saying...I mean cops could also just raid the local hardware store for the workers waiting outside, if they really wanted the illegal immigrants.)

Out of all the things an EMS provider might consider reporting, an illegal immigrant would be ridiculously low on the list. Usually EMS only reports if an immediate threat to someone.

It's part of that differentiating from PD, so people who are scared of PD (maybe they arrested daddy one day and kid thinks he should call for self or mom having CP) won't be scared to call EMS.

Usually these types of posts have to do with finding massive amounts of drugs or something big like that were threat isn't immediate, but still a threat. For an immigrant? Come on, now. (And you don't even know for SURE he's illegal, just saying...I mean cops could also just raid the local hardware store for the workers waiting outside, if they really wanted the illegal immigrants.)

Good Point

i would treat him/her. i would treat anyone that needs help no matter what. but.... i sure im going to get heat from this , i would also make a note to tell the receiving staff that he or she is an illegal IF i know for sure the pt is an illegal. i would have to be 100 percent sure and not just think the pt is.

Ok first off if you suspect they are illegal aliens damn straight I am going to report it. As for all this other babble you are putting out there what does that have to do with anything unless they were illegal acts then damn straight i would report it. But the last time I checked adultry wasnt illegal immoral yeah. The redneck at the trailer park wasnt a prostute she was just charging for the lesson on the correct way to use a condom. Lying when you call in work isnt illegal. My point is we have an obgliation to report all crimes that are told to us. If he said he was illegal heck yeah report him.

Cheating on your taxes yes that is illegal, drunk driving yes is illegal. To answer those questions No I have never did either of these things.

I'm absolutely not forcing anyone to report sexual assault to the authorities. I'm not reporting for them unless they're a minor or vulnerable adult (very elderly/dementia, not their own legal guardian etc.)

Sorry. That's part of the person's choice. Many people, women especially, decide to just move on...

But I digress...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.