Sorry Can't Help, I'm on Break - EMT Admits Incompetence

spenac

Wow, LOT of ASSumptions in this statement :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more on that statement. Admittedly this was not a clever thing to do, but everyone here should first take the time to research the politics of meal breaks in the UK before shouting their mouths off.

Some people here are just determined to qualify my preconception of Yanks and their big mouths. Luckily, they are in the minority.

WM

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more on that statement. Admittedly this was not a clever thing to do, but everyone here should first take the time to research the politics of meal breaks in the UK before shouting their mouths off.

Yup. Amazing the amount of people who think that US law applies to countries outside the US, before any other law.

The mealbreak thing is a hot potato in the UK, and whereas this paramedic arguably may have had some moral obligations he chose not to fulfill, he certainly did not commit gross negligence.

Once more for those who missed it - He has already had his disciplinary hearing, and he was found not to have done anything worthy of any official action.

Yup. Amazing the amount of people who think that US law applies to countries outside the US, before any other law.

The mealbreak thing is a hot potato in the UK, and whereas this paramedic arguably may have had some moral obligations he chose not to fulfill, he certainly did not commit gross negligence.

Once more for those who missed it - He has already had his disciplinary hearing, and he was found not to have done anything worthy of any official action.

Actually this crosses all borders. If you are in a place with the equipment, denying care is unethical. If your guys meal breaks are so unbreakable you should leave the ambulance and go POV for them. That way less chance of getting asked to work during your break. And surely if you did respond you would be allowed to restart your break afterwards.

I agree the Paramedic was unprofessional, he agrees he was unprofessional, his trust (employer) agrees he was unprofessional, his governing body agrees he was unprofessional. The issue was dealt with by his trust at the time of the event (over 2 years ago), which resulted in him receiving a "final written warning" to run for 1 year.

This recent hearing concluded that there was nothing further to gain by punishing him twice for the same crime, having reviewed the evidence.

Or maybe, juuuuuust maybe, they collectively feel there is an element of Karma involved with Hoity-Toity, Hoo-ray Henry, Fox Hunters who injure themselves ;)

Yes dogs, cats, skunks, fox and many other animals spread rabies.

http://www.jwildlifedis.org/cgi/reprint/39/2/278.pdf

We had a lady get attacked by a rabid fox. Took a lot to kill that darn thing. Poor lady had to go through some horrible medical treatment to save her life.

God I wish I could that excuse!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe next time he should have claimed diarrhea and say he was in the loo :):)

Look at the link. The reference was to the UK and fox hunting. Foxes are pests, no doubt, but rabies are pretty much non-existent in the UK. Maybe it's all the rain.

No wonder we kicked you guys out of our country ya'll are annoying. :P:D

God I wish I could that excuse!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe next time he should have claimed diarrhea and say he was in the loo :):)

Nope if on duty he should wipe his booty and take care of his patient.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.