The Ultimate Wacker Kit (no Joke) 5k Spent On It

mmeronk

Should we hide this from Echo? :huh:

Lord, help me. I'm serious.

I guarentee, 100%, one day, if I become a Firefighter/Paramedic I will have something of this amount...just greater.

This guy is an inspiration.

I don't know who that guy is...but thank you.

If I saved $17 dollars a week for 5 years, I'd have over $5,000 when I'm 22 (age I'll get EMT-P, bachelors in paramedicine).

Beast.

Doctors are allowed to prescribe small amounts of meds for future use. Plus keep in mind as another topic discussed expiration dates mean nothing for most drugs.

Remember, the guy carrying around all of these CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES won't get a pulseoxymeter because he's not 'trained to use one'.

Logically, how many people are allowed to carry around these kinds of drugs (and the means to administer them), that AREN'T trained to use a pulseoxymeter?

Remember further, that this is some clown that calls himself a 'zombie hunter'.....

Kind of reminds me of 'internet vampires' that can't stand the sight of a raw steak!

Remember, the guy carrying around all of these CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES won't get a pulseoxymeter because he's not 'trained to use one'.

Logically, how many people are allowed to carry around these kinds of drugs (and the means to administer them), that AREN'T trained to use a pulseoxymeter?

Remember further, that this is some clown that calls himself a 'zombie hunter'.....

Kind of reminds me of 'internet vampires' that can't stand the sight of a raw steak!

But in a disaster that he may need these drugs for himself. And he can download the when and how to use from the internet. But I agree he can't be to bright based on several points in the discussion.

Now I do keep in my escape bag for natural disasters keep some pain killers and other meds myself but not to treat others just me and my family.

This isn't whackerism. This is simple unreasonable paranoia. Take a read of the "Wilderness First Aid" book included in the pack, and you'll see where these guys get the idea that the manual and a bag full of gear is all that it takes to practise medicine. It's quite common among the doomsday crowd. It pretty well decreased after the Reagan era, but I expect it to significantly increase in the Osama era. And I think the thread in question is an example of that. Can't really blame people for that. This is going to be on the rise, just like gun and ammo sales.

Gotta give the guy props for a very nice job of organising a lot of gear in a very small space. That's a real talent. But yeah, even I -- a recovering survivalist -- think that the whole idea is just goofy.

This isn't whackerism. This is simple unreasonable paranoia. Take a read of the "Wilderness First Aid" book included in the pack, and you'll see where these guys get the idea that the manual and a bag full of gear is all that it takes to practise medicine. It's quite common among the doomsday crowd. It pretty well decreased after the Reagan era, but I expect it to significantly increase in the Osama era. And I think the thread in question is an example of that. Can't really blame people for that. This is going to be on the rise, just like gun and ammo sales.

Gotta give the guy props for a very nice job of organising a lot of gear in a very small space. That's a real talent. But yeah, even I -- a recovering survivalist -- think that the whole idea is just goofy.

:o Are you feeling okay? Have you taken a sedative?

This guy's a freakin' idiot.

You don't want this kit. It is proof again that money and brains don't necessarily go together. He's raided the local CVS for a lot of crap that has very little utility for the purpose it is meant to serve. Let's hear it for the marketing department at Bayer, J&J, etc.

Crap he doesn't need:

First Aid Cream

Hydrogen peroxide bottle

Saline for irrigation. Tap water or water that has been made safe to drink will suffice.

Lots of Quikclot

Fluorescein dye strips for the eye, but where is the UV light?

Bite/sting extractor kit

Activated charcoal capsules

Plastic eye shield

Eye dressings

Eye wash

How many freakin' tubes of Orabase does he need?

Eyewash cup

Post midriatic sunglasses

Finger splints

Sting relief pen, sting relief cream

Poison ivy sting relief spray (how many different products with benzocaine does he need?)

Burn gel

2 tick removers?!

Trauma shears, bandage scissors, folding scissors... How many pairs of scissors do you need?

Cold compresses, too many, too heavy.

Let's not forget the 9line card, not that he would have any ability to call in a 9 line to anyone.

Lens cloths?!

Fenestrated drape. He's got one. a) you don't really need it, and B) he's got wound care supplies for lots of wounds, so why only one disposable drape?

Nail polish remover wipes, yet he doesn't have a pulse ox. So who cares if there is nail polish?

Separate forceps and sutures for suture removal. Why not just use what you have in the wound care kit?

300mg vial of injectable morphine, but no narcan. Let me know how that works out.

Oh look, more Quikclot.

Emergency intubation kit. I don't know if it's occurred to anyone here that a) unlikely he's ever intubated or really been trained to, and B) how will you manage the casualty once intubated in the absence of a medical facility/ventilator?

Ammonia inhalants. How quaint.

4 different sizes of gauze pads

Cinch tight bandage, H&H bandage, Israeli dressing, how many different combat bandages do you need?

Meds: I have never prescribed 8mg dilaudid tablets to anyone. Ever.

MS contin is horribly dangerous in untrained hands.

Way too little non-narcotic pain control in the way of tylenol and motrin.

Why have Cipro and Levaquin? Levaquin dose too low to treat pneumonia.

Throat lozenges?

Why have a sphygmomanometer if you have no means to treat altered blood pressure?

ENT kit, without the knowledge of how to examine eyes or treat any condition you find. Ditto for ears. I don't see any cortisporin or alligator forceps.

What is with all the Vionex wipes in every compartment?

IFAK. So we've got yet another tourniquet, combat dressing, gauze, etc. Straight from the Department of Redundancy Department.

More ET tube stylets than ET tubes

Oxygen masks. Without oxygen.

Hextend. Mighty pricy.

OB kit is unnecessary with all the other stuff in this kit, with the only exception of the cord clamps and bulb suction.

3 different types of combat tourniquet

Wait, look, MORE SCISSORS.

ALL different sizes of Bandaids

No means to purify water.

No means to make fire.

Way too little in the way of antibiotics. He has one 7 day course of Cipro and 2 7 day courses of Levaquin.

You need one set of scissors and a knife.

Not much in the way of light.

Bottom line: too much weight and cube and money wasted on snivel care, with very little thought to sustainable medical care in the absence of available resources in TEOTWAWKI scenario. This bag is a soup sandwich and a monster waste.

'zilla

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.