Eletronic Patiet Care Record

emtmccall

Ask the person at your company who is responsible for your PCR software? It depends wholly on what software you're using, and whether or not you are required to leave a short PAPER form as a standard in your area.

I can't answer this for you. I have no idea what your situation is.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Ask the person at your company who is responsible for your PCR software? It depends wholly on what software you're using, and whether or not you are required to leave a short PAPER form as a standard in your area.

I can't answer this for you. I have no idea what your situation is.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Thanks my lacal ED is providing a printer to print the EPCR but we go to 9 diffrent ED in are area we cant print at every one

Again... you really need to talk to whoever manages your software at your company. If the complete PCR is what you're supposed to leave at every ED, then you're gonna have to have your tech folks and their tech folks set up printers or a digital offload for you.

None of us is really going to be of much help to you, methinks...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

When PMT went to EPCR's, they started by faxing them to the recieving facility. Then...they got cool and bought laser printers (small ones) for the back of each ride, with a docking station for tough books. That's a lot quicker (fax had a 3-5 min. lag time).

• 7 months later...

In CT the State of CT requires all services to be electronic by 2010. So to comply with that order the State has purchased dedicated printers to be placed at every emergency department for EMS only. The laptops providers use are to have the printer driver in it. We do run into paper issues tho.....empty a lot of times. The EMS coordinators at each ER are supposed to provide paper to the EMS room but weekend restocking is not always done. If no printer paper then ER get no EPCR copies or we have our dispatch center fax them to the ER.

We used to fax to the destination hospital but it took forever and was a pain in the butt. Service purchased a printer for the reporting room in each Hospital and we plug into that to print. Hospitals outside our usual operating area still get a fax.

How do you get the ED a Eletronic Patient Care Record ?

Our service faxes the finished report to the respective ED's. I know it is probably best to complete the report prior to leaving the ED, but for some busy agencies, this is not practical due to call volume. Have your computer guru's set up a link from your computer to the ED's if possible, or finish your report at station, print it off (which you will have to do anyhow) and then fax it. If you gave a good radio and verbal handoff report, this should be OK. Use what is best for your service.

We have comps in the ER that we can download onto and it's compatible with most of the E-PCR program in the area which is really nice. Prior to that, we would print them back at the station and take them in at the end of each shift (rarely was a pt out before the end of shift). If we did a long distance transfer to another facility that we couldn't drop them at, we still used the old paper PCR's. Hope that helps - speak to your ER about something similar - most I've found are pretty responsive to the idea especially if you are willing to put the software on it where they don't have to purchase it. Just a thought for ya.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.