AMR Interview HELP

ransomtime

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree with the above. AMR can be a real pain in the ass sometimes but I think the actual experience varies widely from division to division. True it was at Hartford where the management was caught trying to record union discussions, but there are a LOT of good things about this place as well. This service has a very good reputation among our peers in Connecticut and I don't think it is undeserved. There are a lot of really good people here and even though we work for the big bad corporation the day to day isn't bad at all. Are there frustrations? Of course. That doesn't mean you shouldn't run away.

Well I didn't run away. It seems like most of the horror stories I hear about amr on the internet is from the west coast. I had my interview and test today. I feel like it went really well. Their eyes lit up when they heard i could speak spanish, which if any of you have been to Hartford you know that helps. Also, tomorrow I was going to send a thank you note to the HR rep, but is there anything else I can do to raise my chances of getting that second interview? I'm anxious and excited but i don't want to become a nuisance.

Well I didn't run away. It seems like most of the horror stories I hear about amr on the internet is from the west coast. I had my interview and test today. I feel like it went really well. Their eyes lit up when they heard i could speak spanish, which if any of you have been to Hartford you know that helps. Also, tomorrow I was going to send a thank you note to the HR rep, but is there anything else I can do to raise my chances of getting that second interview? I'm anxious and excited but i don't want to become a nuisance.

If you plan to work in hartford spanish won't do you much good. You need to speak rican, somalian ,botswanian, korean, lithuanian, farsi, and occasionally english. I started my career on the streets of hartford back in the early 70's and it was a real eye opener. Don't miss it one bit!

I worked for them for eight years. Just remember there are lots of by the book folks so cover your ass at all times. It is true that at times they just need to fill slots so as an EMT you should listen to those who comment on weak Medics and steer clear of them. If you do your job and dont rock the boat you will be fine. My advice to you is to get your RN and stop working for less than you are worth. Paramedics are under paid , I can imagine that EMT's are very under paid also. Good luck. :D

make sure to cover your ass on everything single little thing. as far as they are concerned you are just another warm body to fill in the void until someone better comes along. oh and be sure that you have money set aside for when they continuously mess up on your paycheck and then blame you for it.

That is an exaggeration, but I suppose this user decided what kind of attitude he wanted to portray when he created his username. Glad to hear the interview went well. You may have seen me there, I stepped in while you guys were taking the written exam to say hello to a friend who was also testing. As far as the languages, contrary to what others have said I've found even my limited Spanish to be VERY helpful working in this area. True there are other languages spoken in this city, but Spanish is far and away the most common next to English. That probably will give you an advantage.

A letter to HR would be a nice thought, but honestly it probably wouldn't make a difference. As far as I know, the hiring decisions are made mostly by Rick Ortyl (who you probably met) and a committee of employees who evaluate the candidates. I'm also pretty sure the decisions are already made about who they are going to keep and who they aren't, so really anything you do from here on out probably won't matter too much.

Again, good luck. If everything goes well I hope to see you around.

i tried to get a job at AMR in there Eastern Ma division they went back over 25 years on my driving record yes a had a few black marks no one prefect they wouldn't hire me they sent for drug screen and physical then turn me down who does that a funny company

Perhaps it was due to poor grammar on the written test portraying you to be less than educated. :D

Just sayin'

(Was that all one sentence?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.