"Headlight Flahser" Uses

I'm very ignorant when it comes to vehicle electrical systems so this may be an odd question to some...yet I'll still ask. I'd like to add a few trailer lights to the rear of my POV for responding directly to highway scenes, and I'm curious if running these lights into the flasher would provide me with a strobe effect.

If not, what would be the best method for having these lights act in a strobe pattern? Thanks in advance for any replies.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice..... don't do it! A decked out wanker POV is a hazzard on any scene. The general public is looking for MARKED public service vehicles, not a Toyota lit up like a Christmas tree.

LOL@trailer lights :lol:

What exactly do you mean by "the strobe effect?" I mean, nothing but a strobe really gives the strobe effect, no matter how fast they flash. But simple headlight flashers are more noticeable to traffic than any strobes you might put in there.

I'd check with both your department AND the state law before doing anything at all. Many states require that you have a minimum compliment of emergency equipment in order to legally "respond" as an emergency vehicle. Some prohibit headlight flashers, even if you can run a full light bar. Make sure whatever you are doing is in compliance with state law. And, of course, if your department does not authorise it, then the state law exception doesn't apply to you.

LOL@trailer lights :lol:

What exactly do you mean by "the strobe effect?" I mean, nothing but a strobe really gives the strobe effect, no matter how fast they flash. But simple headlight flashers are more noticeable to traffic than any strobes you might put in there.

I'd check with both your department AND the state law before doing anything at all. Many states require that you have a minimum compliment of emergency equipment in order to legally "respond" as an emergency vehicle. Some prohibit headlight flashers, even if you can run a full light bar. Make sure whatever you are doing is in compliance with state law. And, of course, if your department does not authorise it, then the state law exception doesn't apply to you.

That's all you got? Guess I'll have to throw the popcorn out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.