Arming EMT's

tskstorm

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't trust many on the ambulance to competently carry out simple medical interventions, but we're considering giving them the responsibility of possessing a gun?

Do I really need to say any more than that?

Dwayne

Recently a fast food customer dropped his gun in the bathroom and it went off and destroyed the toilet. They just had a funeral for "John" the toilet.

If this guy can't keep his gun in his pants then why do we expect emt's and medics to be able to do so.

We can't trust many on the ambulance to competently carry out simple medical interventions, but we're considering giving them the responsibility of possessing a gun?

Do I really need to say any more than that?

Dwayne

Thats true I forget that most are not as talented as I am. :D

I'm betting that a great many cops don't have the medical aptitude for EMS either, yet we trust them with weapons.

The military has proven for centuries that medical aptitude is not a predictor of weapons handling competency. I fail to see the relevance.

I'm betting that a great many cops don't have the medical aptitude for EMS either, yet we trust them with weapons.

The military has proven for centuries that medical aptitude is not a predictor of weapons handling competency. I fail to see the relevance.

I'm willing to bet that most people don't consider a police officer to be a medical professional. If someone, who claims to be a medical professional, can't even master their own trade, do you really want them to be trained for a couple hours and handed a gun? One that has the potential to kill someone?

I also have a feeling that these guns wouldn't be concealed. What's to say a whacky patient wouldn't take it to use against you?

I'm willing to bet that most people don't consider a police officer to be a medical professional. If someone, who claims to be a medical professional, can't even master their own trade, do you really want them to be trained for a couple hours and handed a gun? One that has the potential to kill someone?

Again, you miss the very simple point that someone being unable to grasp the concepts of medical practice does not in any way predict their potential to master safe weapon handling. That's like saying anyone who can't swim shouldn't handle a weapon, or anyone who does not understand quantum physics shouldn't handle a weapon. There is no logical correlation.

I also have a feeling that these guns wouldn't be concealed.

That's not a feeling. That's an assumption. And an illogical one at that.

What's to say a whacky patient wouldn't take it to use against you?

And what if monkeys fly out my butt?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.