Do we diagnose, rule in/out, or just load and go.

spenac

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love having no medical control to call. I have to make a diagnosis and treat. It is sad to see people that can not handle that pressure.

Must be interesting to not work under a doctor. That would be something worth trying. Please, don't assume that were simply trained monkeys. We must make working diagnosis and treatment decisions as well, and I never have trouble stepping out and making the hard calls. I just feel that when I'm making a decision that might put my medical director at risk, that he be included in the decision. Even if it is after I've already made the call and done the treatment. It's a common curtesy, which allows the continued level of trust he shows us with his liscense.

Must be interesting to not work under a doctor. That would be something worth trying. Please, don't assume that were simply trained monkeys. We must make working diagnosis and treatment decisions as well, and I never have trouble stepping out and making the hard calls. I just feel that when I'm making a decision that might put my medical director at risk, that he be included in the decision. Even if it is after I've already made the call and done the treatment. It's a common curtesy, which allows the continued level of trust he shows us with his liscense.

I agree but we have no phone or radio contact in much of my area so we just treat and if we have to vary from guidelines we notify the Medical Director later. But with our liberal guidelines hard to have to vary very often.

I see. My apologies for misunderstanding. We have a very liberal and very active medical director. We too have many of the same issues. Limited radio or phone contact, when further orders are needed sometimes, but he trust us to make the right call and tell him about it later. I've rarely seen him not willing to back one of us up. Very rarely.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.