BLS Trucks and AEDs

Does your service have AEDs on it's BLS units ?  

39 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no
    • some units do

both of our trucks have welch allyn propaqs with the 3 lead EKG and we also have stand alone AEDs on our trucks, so crotchitymedic1986 what is so wrong with having AEDs on BLS trucks, we also have to respond to cardiac arrest calls here in where i work at but we also have in our protocol that we do CPR and AED until the ALS truck gets there to take over.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In general essesnce, and yes I know there are exceptions to every rule when it comes to the services here in New Zealand, the minimum to ride a truck solo is often national certificate of ambulance, which includes basic ECG interpretation. All the emergency trucks have either a lifepak manual defib or moving more now to the MRX units. The Patient transport service have Heartstart AEDS in their trucks. Many fire appliances now have AEDS on them with a major amount being Lifepak units with a few now changing to the Laerdal Heartstart units. I cant imagine a truck without an AED at least its like sending a fire truck with no hose. You don't have it, murpheys law you will need it.

Scotty

Like a lot of other private, volly ambulance services, we have no money to up date our AEDs.... We have the heartstart 3000 on both of the ambulances... they are capable of doing 2-leads, but sometimes I wonder if the reading is really accurate. It is better than nothing though and it still delivers a shock if needed!

Like a lot of other private, volly ambulance services, we have no money to up date our AEDs.... We have the heartstart 3000 on both of the ambulances... they are capable of doing 2-leads, but sometimes I wonder if the reading is really accurate. It is better than nothing though and it still delivers a shock if needed!

If it delivers the electrical therapy, then that is all that is needed ;)

no, our ambulances do not have aed's on them. i think they are not required for bls in pa. i personally would like to see them on the ambulances . in order to take emt b class you have to be certified in cpr/aed. so every basic in pa knows how to use them why not have them on? unfortunately most owners of bls companies that i am familiar with only will do the bare min requirements to pass inspection to save money.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.