EMS worker victim of homocide ....

crotchitymedic1986

Second Degree Murder?

Nice. That's what the State of New York thinks of volunteers.

Thanks for "serving your community", chumps! If you had a single scrotum between the lot of you, you'd all quit tomorrow in protest.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not care if he learns a lesson, I do not care if his death deters others from committing the same crime-- I want him dead so that he does not kill again.
Then give him solitary if that's all you care about. Wanting death comes from punishment, from anger, but wanting only for him to not kill innoccents again, would simply require prison.

Anyway....Dust what counts as 1st and 2nd degree is NY? Wouldn't 1st have to be premeditated? Doubt these guys think too far ahead...

My thoughts are with those with a loss. We can learn from this though, never take your eyes off of your patient.

this story shares a little more info, but not much :

http://www.newzjunky.com/police/coplog090131sp.htm

"Mr. Burke became agitated and retrieved a high powered rifle from the bedroom of the residence, police said. As the EMT’s were retreating from the residence, it is alleged that Burke fired two rounds, one at the victim striking and killing him, they said. "

Anyway....Dust what counts as 1st and 2nd degree is NY? Wouldn't 1st have to be premeditated? Doubt these guys think too far ahead...

I don't care about small potatoes. Go big or go home. No premeditation needed for Capital Murder.

But that's not even the story here. The real story is that the State Of New York just announced to their thousands and thousands of jolly vollies that they are not Public Safety professionals. They are just another expendable loser on the street with no more value than the crackwhore on the corner. So much for their overblown egos and sense of importance to the community. And the fact that NOTHING will change as a result of this incident is proof positive that the State of New York is right. Not a one of those vollywhackers has the sack to stand up and do anything about it. None of them will dare to rock the boat for fear of losing their blue lights and their membership in the good ol' boys' club, which is the real reason they volunteer in the first place. Losers.

I will admit - I am biased - my first thought is that I would want him dead too, just as I would if it were a member of my family, or a child that he murdered.

For the family of the man he killed... is it enough to put him in jail? is it enough to try to rehabiltate him if he does have a mental illness? is it enough to kill him? Probably not - no matter what we do from this point on, it will never bring back their family member. It will never fill that empty hole or heal the scars completely.

So then, which decision impacts me (assuming I lived in the US)? Putting him in jail means my tax dollars feed and clothe this person, and provide his medical care. I would prefer my tax dollars go to the family of the deceased, to assist with their needs. I would prefer my tax dollars go to education, health care, and providing a paid EMS service. So, put a needle in his arm, put a bullet in him.... and I will write my tax cheque to the family of the EMT that was killed.

Just my humble opinion.

Sadly death penalty is more expensive than life in prision under current method of doing things. Now if we immediatly took them out after being found guilty and carried out sentence would save money.

I agree - and I wish that is what could happen.

I don't believe in death as a penalty. I do, however, believe in death as a means of providing public safety.

I don't want my dollars going to providing his welfare either. But we can't keep him on the streets. Therefore, death is the only logical option.

It's not about punishment. It's simply about keeping him from civilised society without having to pay millions to do so.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.