You just relieved "D" Shift .....................

crotchitymedic1986

walk in the station and the crew was still in bed. crap all over the place, reports not finished (so they need the toughbook for a while longer) trash not to the street. empty d cylinders in the side compartment, dead LP batteries on the bench seat. dirty dishes piled in the sink. They said they never heard wake-up tones. Its not my style to play the write up game( if they had left me an empty main O2 after sleeping all night it'd be on) so I'd help them along so they could get home (or to another station closer to on-time). I always try to relieve at least 15 minutes early. unlike my relief who comes in at 6:59:59.

Jesus, didn't know you worked in Grady County too. That sounds just like what I was dealing with, trucks not cleaned, not fueled, trash all over them. Unprofessional, oops, not allowed that word, but there it is.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Restocking isn't a big deal because of the checks we do prior to the shift starting. What I cannot stand is finding dried blood marks or stains inside the truck either on the bench, wall, the cabinet doors, the IV kit (elastic arm bands to be specific). I've learned over time to never enter a truck without gloves regardless of the reason but find it really ignorant to be so careless that you would not even bother cleaning up after yourself with regards to whom you work with at the time or the next crew. ESPECIALLY after a bloody mess(even minor ones).

Restocking isn't a big deal because of the checks we do prior to the shift starting. What I cannot stand is finding dried blood marks or stains inside the truck either on the bench, wall, the cabinet doors, the IV kit (elastic arm bands to be specific). I've learned over time to never enter a truck without gloves regardless of the reason but find it really ignorant to be so careless that you would not even bother cleaning up after yourself with regards to whom you work with at the time or the next crew. ESPECIALLY after a bloody mess(even minor ones).

I know a couple that get blood on their gloves during IV starts. Rather than change gloves they touch eveything with the dirty gloves. Drives me nuts.

I use more gloves on a basic no blood call than most use on a bloody mess. I just hate touching stuff with gloves that have touched a patient.

Finding blood/body fluids on equipment is my biggest pet peeve. Then I have to put the car down while I decontaminate the whole damn thing (because god only knows what else they've contaminated that I don't see). Leaving the car with less than 3/4 tank of fuel would be number 2.

I absolutely despise finding the station looking like a tornado hit it! I have been accused of leaving the station as if we hired "Molly Maid" to clean it and I'm ok with that.

My absolute worst pet peeve is find the ambulance nasty. Trash on the floor from the overflowing trashcan, supplies on the bench seat because the crew ran a late call ( funny, I thought that's what we were paid for). I once found a used 10cc syringe with some kind of spooge on it amongst other things, and absolutely blew a gasket!

Phuck "D" shift! :wink:

That one thing for me is tied into three - failed to restock the equipment they used, left trash behind (personal or medical) and left any sort of contamination in the ambulance. If you commit one of these sins, you can bet your going to hear about it!

i have so many....this is a few.... the crew that is on before me is always nice enough to leave me with 3/4 gas,unmade stretcher, and no portable 02.never fails every week.they are just lazy people. restocking the truck does not bother me to much because i check everything during rig check (even if they tell me they used nothing), i also decon my truck before every shift i NEVER trust the crew before me no matter what crew it is

I can deal with missing supplies, less than 3/4 diesel, and some dirt. The things that get me going are bad attitudes and lying. Do not treat me bad when I come in and do not lie and say you did something, when, in fact, you did not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.