Guy Rants on Pregnant Broads

Dustdevil

Except in moments that one feels called to respond vigorously to a direct attack, I have yet to learn how withholding empathy ever benefits anyone. Doesn't mean I always manage to do it, only means that on the whole I know I deprive both myself and the other when I don't.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except in moments that one feels called to respond vigorously to a direct attack, I have yet to learn how withholding empathy ever benefits anyone. Doesn't mean I always manage to do it, only means that on the whole I know I deprive both myself and the other when I don't.

Nah.... it is a matter of priorities..... I can usually find something or someone more important to me to empathise with at that particular moment, rather than expending energies on the individual who is attention seeking. I haven't lost anything by not being empathetic to that person and by focussing my energies elsewhere... and they cannot evaluate the benefit (or perceived benefit) when they don't know it exists.

I totally agree. I can't stand people who use their spoiled rotten child as an excuse to hold up the rest of the world. ...and I love children. Quiet, cute ones, that are sleeping, or quiet and playing amongst themselves. But when they start throwing a conniption fit.. get me outta there. I would support the sale of Children's Valium, over the counter.

Yes, there are some women that want to be catered to when they are pregnant, and they expect everyone to bow down to them because they are "with child." Big deal get over it. We didnt' get you pregnant we shouldn't have to put up with you bitching and complaining all the damn time..

Take my cousin for example, she got pregnant twice, and each time, she expected everyone to do whatever she said, when she said it. It was annoying. I didnt get her pregnant so why should I have to deal with her? Needless to say, both times that she was pregnant, I ignored her and stayed away from her. She called me one time to babysit her 'oldest' because she couldn't handle them both at the same time, and my response was, 'you should have thought about that before you got pregnant again.' Call me what you may, but I'm not going to bend over backwards to please you, when ever I'm not the one that got you in the situation to begin with.

I think the guy has too much time on his hands and needs to take up a hobby. And be put on Zoloft or something, along with some valium.

Yes, there are some women that want to be catered to when they are pregnant, and they expect everyone to bow down to them because they are "with child."

Take my cousin for example, she got pregnant twice, and each time, she expected everyone to do whatever she said, when she said it.

Ever seen "Baby stories" or other shows like it?? The media is teaching women how to act.

It should also be noted that my wife has had 3 kids, the last one she was in active (albeit moderate) labour for over 80hrs with no meds and not once did she swear at me, or "demand" anything from anyone.

I think the worst is the mothers/nurses with the attitude of "You did this to me/her"

I had one local nurse who flat out asked me how our marriage was going after learning about my wife's long labour. I said quote "Frickin awesome.... it took us over a year to get pregnant and WE are getting the boy WE always wanted" Her face went red as she nervously smiled and she walked away.

I had to agree with several of the guys points that he made.. like the one about her shoving so much food in her face because "the baby wanted it" .. NOT! Maybe she should have done this instead. :binky: .. would have been a lot more realistic!

The first time I was pregnant I kept on working all three jobs until my doctor said I had to stop or possibly lose the pregnancy when I was 6 months pregnant. I don't recall one single episode of asking others to do something for me that I couldn't do for myself while I was pregnant with my daughter. I even helped split and stack 10 cords of firewood when I was pregnant with her.

My daughter did do some things like help me tie my shoes when I was pregnant the second time. She was learning how to tie shoes and wanted to help.

Good point on the food thang ladybear.

My wife only ate what was nutritionally required, and 3 days post delivery she was a mere 4.5 Ibs heavier than her pre-pregnancy weight. Not that each girl is not different...... just sayin'

Ya I did lots of shoe tying, sock assistance, and took over the laundry (see I'm not all bad)