NFPA Will Create New Ambulance Standards

CBEMT

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the correction Arizona... but regardless even for a fire truck (the front end pic I posted) that thing is rediculous. I appologize to my brothers at MtHFD but thats kind of embarassing, it dosnt take a buff or even a whacker to spot a parade peice. I bet on top of all that its got a power call siren too.

As far as the ambulance dont get me wrong its an eye catcher and looks cool... but it better be twice as functional. Because it just states overcompansation for something.

Now Im totally convinved these are parade peices. Their brush truck dosnt even have a hint of pumping capabilities... looks like a mini rescue to me. Im completley surprised they dont have a "Bronto Skylift" ladder truck, or whatever truck currently has the record of being the tallest. These guys should also totally buy a Ferarra Strong Arm.

Looks like they have two ambulances as well. I figured that the huge one was going to be some mobile intensive care unit... but the back (not inside unfortunatley) it just looks like a regular ambulance.

Now Im totally convinved these are parade peices. Their brush truck dosnt even have a hint of pumping capabilities... looks like a mini rescue to me. Im completley surprised they dont have a "Bronto Skylift" ladder truck, or whatever truck currently has the record of being the tallest. These guys should also totally buy a Ferarra Strong Arm.

Looks like they have two ambulances as well. I figured that the huge one was going to be some mobile intensive care unit... but the back (not inside unfortunatley) it just looks like a regular ambulance.

Ya...I was looking at 2 of the pics...the first was what they are calling their cascade filling system trailer...it's hysterical! The other...if you look at the pics...their ladder truck has the old "gum-ball" lights! When compared to the others...it's one extreme or the other! HA! :lol:

HOLY HELL. Just looked at the rest of the gallery. Where the hell did they get the money for these ridiculous Mad Max'ian creations. No no, I know where they got the money. What kind of volume do these guys run that justifies this expense? In 25 years of doing this I have never seen anything like these.

As far as the ambulance dont get me wrong its an eye catcher and looks cool... but it better be twice as functional. Because it just states overcompansation for something.

THIS IS A BLS RIG!!

That is what they are overcompensating for.

One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of departments in places like Wisconsin have enclosed pump panels, to keep the pump operator from getting frostbite during a fire- which has happened. It can make the truck look much bigger.

A lot of departments nowadays are also trying to get trucks with bigger water tanks, more supply hose, etc to go for lower ISO ratings, which result in lower insurance rates for homeowners and businesses. 2000 gallon water tanks and a large hose capacity makes for big trucks.

Yeah, the front ends of them do seem pretty over the top though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.