NFPA Will Create New Ambulance Standards

CBEMT

:lol:

Im ganna put all the pump operators stuff on the (opposite) front passengers side compartment... that way I can get my medical gear right out of my jump seat. Then Im ganna replace the ladders with backboards, scoops and other immobilization equipment, leave the extrication stuff cuz we kinda need that to do our jobs, SCBAs replaced with O2. Replace the tank and pump with a compartment for a stretcher and patient care....

Wait a minute... come to think of it this already exists!

Yes count em up boys, this baby has 4 Federal Q sirens, 2 electronic sirens and 2 bells!

MTHoreb2.jpg

MTHoreb.jpg

These guys (with all respect) seem to have a thing with BIG trucks... I searched for MT Horeb on youtube.com and came across one of their engines. It looks like a wrecker for tractor trailers... you can see the very front of it to the right of the front shot of the ambulance. YES THIS IS A FIRST DUE AMBULANCE NOT A RESCUE.

easily in my top 3 of all time stupidest things ive ever seen.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like about 3/4 of my medic clas

The common phrase is " i just wanna fight fires, this medic crap is so i can get hired"

That's just the mindset I want in my prehospital providers !

Thats actually just about every paramedic student these days. I mean the fact that it makes potentially poor if not dangerous care provides aside... its competative to get into medic classes, why clog it up with people who dont even want to be there?

Why not have two levels of paramedic school

1. Top level for people who want to actually be a paramedic. Teach them how to do things right. (for those who advocate education)

2. Bottom level for the people who can't get in to number 1 and only want to be firemen. (for those who just need a certificate)

If you have the certificate then you can only work as a firefighter medic with NO transport responsibilities. For those who want to transport patients and take care of them after those in number 2 get thru with the patient then they have to go to school number 1.

Good idea Ruff... I think that if the EMT-I (known as Intermediate here in Connecticut but as IV most other places) would be a great substitute for fire-medics. Even Rhode Islands version of an EMT-Basic would be a good model for them... their basics can do more than Im aware any basic in any other state can.

If fire wants to make EMS thier job then it should be done like FDNY... fire is fire, EMS is EMS... PERIOD. Im pretty sure thats how they do it, someone back me up if not. I dont care if (AMBULANCE) EMS is fire based but Im not all for this flip flopping stuff. There is a couple of FD based ambulances Id like to work for, but frankly Im not interested in doing fire proffesionally. These services usually do something like 2 years on the ambulance 1 on the truck or engine and continue to alternate something like that.

And again, Im all for fire having EMS credentials if they dont provide the ambulance... if I call for manpower because the next closest rig is to far out and I dont have enough hands I want someone that knows what they are doing. But I dont see the need for a fire truck to have a paramedic on it. How does that work anyways? Ive never run into it, if a call is BLS and and dispatched as such, fire is the R1 how can the fire-medic even turn over care to a BLS rig? And Im not asking this question to start a no need for BLS emergency fight.

I never have understood why it takes a Fire truck (4 FF) and ambulance (2 ems) and maybe one or two other support units to run a basic call in a fire department run service.

When I worked for a large metro EMS agency it was not uncommon for there to be one rescue truck (2ff) a pumper (4ff) a chief (1ff and maybe 1 driver), an ambulance (2ems) and maybe one supervisor (1 ems) to run a fall or a MVC. That is 10 people on scene for a mva or a fall or whatnot.

I work right now in a service that has 2 ems people on the ambulance and that's what we get unless we are in an area where first responders are or a wreck which gets a fire truck.

I always said that the more people on scene the more chance for someone to screw up or get their knickers in a bunch.

Ah in my adventures in teaching here's what I hear the most

basic class - I am just doing this to get on with a fire department (basic is required of FF here, and if they don't have to put 'em through puts them higher in the app process)

paramedic class - I just wanna fly (whatever happened to being a great ground provider?)

Nothing wrong with either goal - that's fine if that's what you want to do. Goals are a good thing, but it seems that is the ONLY thing I hear anymore. Is this just me or anybody else experience this? What has this profession come to?

MTHoreb2.jpg

MTHoreb.jpg

These guys (with all respect) seem to have a thing with BIG trucks... I searched for MT Horeb on youtube.com and came across one of their engines. It looks like a wrecker for tractor trailers... you can see the very front of it to the right of the front shot of the ambulance. YES THIS IS A FIRST DUE AMBULANCE NOT A RESCUE.

Actually, the first picture is not the front of their ambulance...it's of their squad truck. Here's a pic of the front of their ambulance...and a link to their web site. I highly suggest looking at their "other" section for pics...especially what they call their trailer used for portable cascade system! Priceless!!

Ok...here's the link for a pic to their ambulance

http://fdmh.org/FDMH%20Galleries/FDMH%20Tr...2007%20120.html

Here's their link...

http://www.fdmh.org/index.html

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.