Glucagon without an IV

Reddfrogg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isnt an issue here. D50 can be given rectally (using an ETT), so the lack of IV doesnt matter. If you cant get the IV, give glucagon. If that doesnt work (it probably wont on your obese diabetic patient), roll em over and shoot some D50 up their arse.

I think I would rather use an NG tube, and go through the enterance route, rather than the no go hole. :lol:

There isnt an issue here. D50 can be given rectally (using an ETT), so the lack of IV doesnt matter. If you cant get the IV, give glucagon. If that doesnt work (it probably wont on your obese diabetic patient), roll em over and shoot some D50 up their arse.

If I go hypo around crotch I REALLY hope he gets that IV in!!!! :oops:

Out of interest have you ever had to actually do this? If so, was it effective?

Stay safe,

Curse :evil:

yes, but that NG tube might go in the lung --- my tube only has one hole to hit, and i dont have to listen to ass sounds to make sure its in the right place.

If you are not comfortable with NG tube placement, then do not do it. I guess you can tell your patient when they wake up that you are an ass man :lol:

(I hope you realize I am just kiddin')

Any old mucous membrane will do eh. Really it would have the same effect as oral glucose without the associated airway issues. I'll echo precious sentiment and hope you get a line if I'm ever hypoglycemic around you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.