Hey Female EMSers, Are we still Pigs ????

crotchitymedic1986

As a female, I get hit on _______ times per shift  

15 members have voted

1. 1.

• none
    • 1-5 times
    • more than 10 times

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to prove there is nothing sure in this world except death and taxes...

I treat all my women colleagues with respect. What did this earn me?

Due to a misunderstanding when I told a woman co-worker that she looked like someone from my old Volunteer Ambulance Corps, and she went ballistic, almost bringing me up on sexual harassment charges that I was using that line to 'hit"on her, other women co-workers came to my defense by saying I never disrespected them, to the point that some of them thought I was "Gay"!

(PS: The woman in question didn't just look like my VAC co-worker, it turned out that she WAS the VAC co-worker! I still don't know why she blew up at me.)

(PS: The woman in question didn't just look like my VAC co-worker, it turned out that she WAS the VAC co-worker! I still don't know why she blew up at me.)

Crazy doesn't usually need a good reason to act crazy. Any old drop of the hat will do.

I got something slightly similar when I started talking to a new hire at the camp I worked at. I saw her info sheet and came up and introduced myself and promptly asked "so where about's did you grow up?" Got an odd look like who the heck is this before I could finish. "Because you have the same first and last name as someone I was in first to third grade with." She was a little flustered. (and it wasn't who I thought it was)

Cross reference to the string on EMS dating sites, this was the woman who blew off her marriage to a VAC EMT by getting pregnant with her Municipal EMS partner. Speculation was, she tried doing some kind of preemptive strike on my mentioning it.

Well I work on a small volunteer ambulance service, where we have a total of 15 people on our agency (9 women, and 6 men) LOL!! Lets just say there isn't much female harassment, I feel more sorry for the guys really... lol! But when we get out into the field and have male patients trying to feel us up, it makes me really happy that I have another EMT (a guy) with me!! We stick together like a family, and that is the way ems is suppose to be!!

~Kitty Kat~

*MEOW*

When my god-daughter was 2 I taught her to say "All men are pigs". It was so cute, especially when she told grandpa. I don't think her mother was too happy about it, but still thought it was funny.

I've seen how many of my co-workers treated women and it embarrassed me. Seems like much of my career I spent apologizing for them. Then a few times I was accused of it. Goes to show that sometimes women can be defensive when given a compliment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.