Hey Female EMSers, Are we still Pigs ????

crotchitymedic1986

As a female, I get hit on _______ times per shift  

15 members have voted

1. 1.

• none
    • 1-5 times
    • more than 10 times

It's just a fact that if you put two EMS workers of any kind together alone for a long enough time they will talk about things that should be avoided with co-workers. And usually one of them, sometimes both of them, loses control and crosses the line into the inappropriate. And, yes men are pigs and will discuss their women co-workers with other men. However, women are often just as bad, they just have a tendency to not make it as obvious. Since I started working with mostly women in the ER I will have to say that women are definitely pigs too!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am usually the lone guy on my shift in the ER. I can think of 3 days out of the last 12 that I worked with another male co-worker apart from the doctors who are all male except for 2 making it a 60/40 split.

I feel at times that I need to grow a uterus to survive in the ER there. But guess who they call to put that foley in the drunk asshole? Yeah, me. They need me for something I guess.

You know us men are going to reply to this. Either to agree or to defend themselves.

Years ago, I pulled a "pick-up" on my VAC, which ran 1 Crew Chief, 1 Motor Vehicle Operator, and 2 attendants (1 person dispatching, too).

It was interesting on that crew, as the "I fall down and go 'Boom'" intox patient was hitting on the lone female crew member, who happened to be both the Crew Chief and a Roman Catholic Nun!

Me and the other 2 guys, coincidentally all of us Jewish, really took it kind of badly, but the Sister just laughed it off.

Then, a number of years later, on the FDNY EMS ambulance I was assigned to, I had one guy and one gal as my partners. On days I was off, they worked together, as I worked with one or the other as per the crazy FDNY EMS schedule (covered in another string). She reported to me that the other guy on the ambulance still stopped to hit on the ladies as they walked past the ambulance, or as he drove the ambulance past them. He'd even ask us, when we drove, to slow down and stop that he might talk to the ladies.

PS, he never hit on her, as he had attended both hers (an EMT to another EMT) and her sister's (EMT to a Paramedic) weddings.

Oh, man. A nun? Did he know she was a nun? If he did know, then he would be a true pig. I assume she was a bit younger and better looking than the nuns that were at our resource hosp. For them to be there was just one step from going to a nursing home in PA.

He probably didn't know. The Sister was of the new breed of Nuns, that don't wear the Habit (proper name for the garment?). She was wearing the same green jumpsuit the rest of us in the VAC were then wearing.

Momma B is looking over my shoulder, and reminds me that it is still OK to kiss a Nun, as long as you don't get into the Habit!

LOL

"Help a Nun kick the Habit" is a saying we use to use all the time. I've known Nuns that didn't wear their habits on a daily basis, just when having mass. It was a little strange at first.

I've been hit on just about every shift I work, whether it's patients or partner. I got used to it, and can laugh it off. However, if they touch me (like a certain prisoner did), they will be handing a particular piece of anatomy to the triage nurse. :twisted:

-Kat

However, if they touch me (like a certain prisoner did), they will be handing a particular piece of anatomy to the triage nurse. :twisted:

-Kat

That explains the growling in your posting name.

Sheath the claws, friend, I, for one, am harmless to you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.