22 YOF Altered Mental Status

SP02?

96% on RA

Using Accessory Muscles?

Nope

Cynosis?

Nope

Since we've been outside and come inside acting weird is there any trauma? Bit/punchure marks? Wounds ect evident?

No trauma no wounds of any kinda

Resp rhythm and effort?

Any sign of an airway obstruction?

regular, slow, and a little labored ( in tripod position)

Pt was using spray paint outside to decorate sorority posters

Many paint products contain a chemical known as toluene. Exposure could cause the said signs and symptoms. We should look at removing clothing and consider irrigation of the skin and eyes. In addition, high flow oxygen along with vascular access and continuous monitoring is indicated.

Take care,

chbare.

• 2 weeks later...
I hate when I show up late!

I was reading through scubamedics posts thinking:

She's high on something! Just find the source.

Next time :)

Was that the patient was high on something or Scuba's high on something. It's all semantics right?

• 2 weeks later...
You're dispatched around the corner from your station for the 22YOF with an altered mental status and difficulty breathing. You arrive to find a female in tripod position sitting in living room. Presents with 2-3 word dyspnea and apparent giddiness... patient is attempting to laugh at whatever you say. Breath sounds somewhat normal they just sound a little "rough", Heart sounds reveal a somewhat loud S2, sinus brady with unifocal pvc's ~ 3 a minute. NKDA, pt on BC, No past med history/history of abusing drugs/alcohol, no one know what pt was doing prior to symptoms.

What could be wrong/ treatment...

is this you?