Big Shears peeps

Fox800

I just got mine in the mail...pretty kickass. I know some of you had complained that the Big Shears holster only allows you to wear them horizontally, in the small of your back. I found that this: http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=8011

fits Big Shears just great, and allows for vertical carry. Get the largest model, made for the Streamlight Stinger LED (the one made for a regular Streamlight Stinger won't fit...the LED model is a little bigger).

$10.85 + S/H here: http://www.copquest.com/14-6500.htm

Just thought I'd pass it on.

Cool. Thanks for the leg work on that option!

I really like the standard holster for ER work, but it is completely unacceptable for sitting 12 hours a day in an ambulance.

• 4 weeks later...
So Big Shears are a piece of gear that are actually worth the cost and perform as advertised?

Yes. I won't ever go back to regular shears. I've been on scenes with a coworker fumbling to cut through clothing...hand em the big shears, and it goes through it like a hot knife through butter. People may raise some eyebrows or poke fun at you until they're asking to borrow them and are inevitably impressed...then they ask where to order them from.

There are some things a professional paramedic shouldn't skimp on. Boots...a quality stethoscope...and I'll add these shears to that list.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.