Are T-shirts a Professional Uniform

Is a t-shirt a professional EMS uniform ?  

43 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no
    • only during sleep hours

we recently switched from polos to button downs. the button downs look like garbage, colors good but the manufacturing and tailoring were done on the cheap. we have zippers installed which i like. the buttons arent placed correctly on alot of the shirts i see being worn and leave the top of the zipper exposed, i find this highly annoying. i hand sewed snaps at the top of my zipper to alleviate this (you cant see them from the outside). i find myself getting hotter when wearing the button downs as opposed to the polos and our system does the SSM plan as well so we sit in the trucks for 24 hours a shift getting all nice and wrinkled. polos were never a problem, they looked good, were comfortable, and the public knew who we were. now we get people thinking we're the cops because noone cares what your patches say, and refuse to answer our questions. now im telling my patients, "Look, im not the cops ok, Im here to help you out", when they refuse to answer questions about illegal drug use etc.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prior to my working there, one of my past employers (1980-1985) used to use a "T-Shirt" "uniform", which I never would have worn, at least in public. I'll use the name, as the company is now long time defunct.

The shirts read,

Nassau Ambulance/Ambulette Service: The Best Damn Ambulance Service!

Now you know why I never would have worn that in public. I still don't wear the joke "T" my girlfriend bought me:

I'm a DRUNK, not an Alcoholic. Drunks don't go to meetings!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.