35 members have voted

1. 1.

• Are you in an ALS procider that carries no pain relief
    • Do you know an ALS provider that carries no pain relief
    • Are you a BLS provider with pain relief
    • Are you a BLS provider with no pain relief
    • Are you an ILS provider that carries no pain relief
    • Are you an ILS provider who carries pain relief

I was just stunned to hear that there are paramedics in the US of A that do not have pain releif options available to them, so, for my own amusement and education (well sorta) thought id post one fo those polls thingies.

Its primarily aimed at ALS and ILS not for any reason other than from what i garnish of these forums there seems to be bugger all that EMT B's have available to them. If your a foreigner try and equate our skill set to the US system, when i vote, ill be as an ILS provider

Please include a post of what you carry (aspirin doesn't count)

Cheers

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entonox is good, it works quite well, and its something

I got morph for adults and penthrane for adults and kids. We sould have IN fentanyl for both groups in the first half of next year

Who is the BLS'er with pain meds, what have you got mate??

Entonox is good, it works quite well, and its something

I got morph for adults and penthrane for adults and kids. We sould have IN fentanyl for both groups in the first half of next year

Who is the BLS'er with pain meds, what have you got mate??

AS Mobey has stated Entonox is about the only analgesia available to BLS providers here in AB Canada.

I have heard through other websites the use of penthrane in OZ ..... could you provide more info, I have heard that some side effects can be rather detrimental, well have heard, and new to us.

MS can drop BP.

Fentanyl rocks on.

Dilaudid we do not use here.

cheers

BLS stabilization measures notwithstanding, the realities of transport don't always allow for simple methods of pain management. The best position/splint won't stand up to the rigors of a bumpy road.

We carry pain relief and administer it quite freely. One of the ground units for which I work uses entonox. Well, I say "uses" I mean they carry it. I don't know anyone who's used it.

Both ground units and my flight job have morphine and fentanyl as options. If one doesn't work well on a given patient we'll switch to the other. I don't think I've seen an instance where neither option worked for control of pain.

Every patient is queried as to their pain. If we can do something about their pain we offer the meds. Some take it. Others don't.

Hope this helps, Bushy.

-be safe

yeah, thanks for answering the poll :roll:

Good Poll Bushy my OZ friend.

cheers

BUT have or do you use Diprovan/ Propofol ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.