Funniest Practical Joke ............

crotchitymedic1986

ok, I have one. I'll admit I did one practical joke in past

WE had a helicopter crew who flew down to try to get a patient transfer. By the time they arrived a snow storm started and they had to spend the night here.

We put the paper bed covers - you know the kind that doctors offices use in the roll to pull out and cover a bed for a new patient.

We took about 12 feet of it and wrote FOR SALE CALL 911 on the paper and then taped it to the helicopter, took a picture and showed the helicopter crew.

See that there is funny w/o risking any harm :lol::lol: , well unless you taped it to the rotors. :shock:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See that there is funny w/o risking any harm :lol::lol: , well unless you taped it to the rotors. :shock:

See and I thought the total opposite!!

As a flightmedic, NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE touches the aircraft without supervision and permission.

All the pilots I know and the medical personnel would go apeshit knowing our ship had been touched when we were not around and even worse being a victim to a joke.

Maybe that crew is just different but it would not happen nor would it be funny in any of the programs I have flown with.

Two things...

First, I thought this was funny as hell!

Second, one of the lessons we've learned here is that jokes aren't appropriate if you don't know your audience. What I found hilarious made ak's fur stand on end! (Yeah, fur, not hair, his line needs a few gazillion more years of evolution before it becomes hair.)

So, though I think Spenac is way too freakish in his hatred of practical joke, perhaps this makes his point to a certain extent.

On the other had if you were familiar with this crew and knew that they wouldn't freak, then Spenac's opinion and go and pound sand... :wink:

So, I guess at this point, after typing this all out, I have to admit that I have no friggin idea what this might have meant...

Dwayne

Two things...

First, I thought this was funny as hell!

Second, one of the lessons we've learned here is that jokes aren't appropriate if you don't know your audience. What I found hilarious made ak's fur stand on end! (Yeah, fur, not hair, his line needs a few gazillion more years of evolution before it becomes hair.)

So, though I think Spenac is way too freakish in his hatred of practical joke, perhaps this makes his point to a certain extent.

On the other had if you were familiar with this crew and knew that they wouldn't freak, then Spenac's opinion and go and pound sand... :wink:

So, I guess at this point, after typing this all out, I have to admit that I have no friggin idea what this might have meant...

Dwayne

:lol::lol:

Hey I'm for fun just have seen the consequences of fun gone bad a few times to many. So I am much more cautious about what I allow.

But who knows what this whole topic is about anyway. Be safe out there.

we knew the flight crew very very very well. In fact they actually put a for sale sign on the back of our ambulance about 2 months earlier. We didn't catch it for 2 days until another ambulance crew called us and asked how much we wanted for the ambulance.

We promised vengeance and they never believed us until that night the sign went on their bird.

You just reminded me of an incident from a few years ago, and also was pre September 11, 2001.

While not recalling the specifics, one of the ambulances from my station was stolen while the vehicle and crew were on a call. The ambulance was, however, recovered quickly, undamaged, and with all equipment intact, as the teen thief just took it for a joyride.

Afterwards, someone taped a "For Sale, see crew of (the ambulance's radio designation) for details" sign on the vehicle, photographed it, took down the sign, but posted a blown up copy of the photo on the wall in the lounge, which we always referred to as the "Usual Suspects Wall of Shame".

Doesn't every EMS office have some version of the Photo Wall, under whatever name?

I always hated it when some joker would turn the L&S and everything else on so when someone would turn the battery switch on everything would go off. The neighbors of the station began to complain about it. We sort of had a unofficial agreement that when responding to a call we would use the siren if traffic allowed until we were at least a block away. So when the siren would go off it made not only the person the joke was on mad, but the whole neighborhood.

But it was funny at times to see how they would jump. But not everyone had a good sense of humor.

OK since I am against horse play here is just one example of why. I will not state the practical joke details but will say it was done a bunch. One thing went wrong. One medic broke wrist. Could not work. If filed workers comp filed would have been fired for horseplay as against written but not enforced policy, as I'm sure it is in writing at most services. Medic ended up out of work with no income until healed up. They suffered out of pocket medical expenses, their family suffered because loss of income and medical bills. So for a minutes laugh what was the real cost?

I have seen similar more than once and often they appeared to be harmless pranks. I do not get into horse play. Yes I will sit and joke with people, but no physical acts as I can not afford to support another family if a joke goes bad.

We had one joker always pulling something. He became an RN and was working in the ER. We had brought a pt.in and I was doing paper work at the desk. I had my coat on the back of a chair across the room. We get a call of a possible full arrest. I grab my coat to put it on and he had turned the inner liner of it inside out and tied the sleeves together. So I couldn't put it on. We get to the call and it's a driver that collapsed and wrecked his car into a house. There's a foot of snow and about 15 degrees, and I'm out there with no coat. Man, I was p!ssed. He did apologize but it didn't stop him from pulling other stunts.

Never rewired the switches in the box, so that when you turned the compartment lights on, the call buzzer would steadily go off in the cab ?

In Calgary here I saw one of our ambulance's go by one night couldn't figure why the lites inside were blinking off and on for. The driver just gave me a weird look and through up his hands like he didn't know either.

I'd like to see one with christmas lights on it for next year. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.