New to the site

lestav4302

Hey i'm chris , i'm new to this site, i'm a former paramedic rom puerto rico , now living in massachusetts tryin to get back to the career , today i actually took my final exam for emt-b , ( here they made start from scratch ) since i love this carrer so much i accept to start as new . any questions just drop me a line

Bienvenidos, Chris! It speaks well of you that you are willing to start from scratch to return to the profession. I myself have had to do that after a hiatus, and found it to be a very positive thing. There is absolutely no such thing as too much education in medicine. And I have yet to meet a provider who could not use a good refresher of the basics. Not to mention that medicine is rapidly changing everyday, so it is important to assure that you have the most current and up to date information. I encourage you to embrace this opportunity by clearing your mind of all past preconceptions and let them bring you up to speed. Use your past experience to help you analyse the information you are given so that you can ask the tough questions and better understand them. I also encourage you to keep the educational momentum going by IMMEDIATELY enrolling into paramedic school once you finish EMTB. You already have experience. You already know this is what you want to do. Don't waste time or momentum by tinkering around as an EMTB. Be the best you can be, and be it now.

Best of luck!

Bienvenidos, Chris! It speaks well of you that you are willing to start from scratch to return to the profession. I myself have had to do that after a hiatus, and found it to be a very positive thing. There is absolutely no such thing as too much education in medicine. And I have yet to meet a provider who could not use a good refresher of the basics. Not to mention that medicine is rapidly changing everyday, so it is important to assure that you have the most current and up to date information. I encourage you to embrace this opportunity by clearing your mind of all past preconceptions and let them bring you up to speed. Use your past experience to help you analyse the information you are given so that you can ask the tough questions and better understand them. I also encourage you to keep the educational momentum going by IMMEDIATELY enrolling into paramedic school once you finish EMTB. You already have experience. You already know this is what you want to do. Don't waste time or momentum by tinkering around as an EMTB. Be the best you can be, and be it now.

Best of luck!

Gracias , and i completely agree with you , in everything you just said , obviously i'm following you advice and taking my state exam in feb , after taht i gonna enroll in the next class so i can upgrade to medic , thanks for the advice

Yes as with everyone else welcome. I am also Chris.

Welcome to the states... neighbor to the the north (Connecticut here). Best of luck on the remainder of your EMT. Check out UMASS Memorial some time.... that place is massive. The ED looks more like a mini-mall than anything. Ive spent many a time up in that hospital.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.