Alphabet Soup (Continuing Education Classes)

SANDMEDIC

How about PEPP??

NRP is a good class to get. You never know when you will have a newborn that needs resuscitating. Having NRP is a good foundation IF if is taught by the right people.

What I mean is that if the people teaching the class take care of less than 50 critical newborns a year then you are not going to be getting the advantages of experience.

good knowledge though.

NRP is a good class to get. You never know when you will have a newborn that needs resuscitating. Having NRP is a good foundation IF if is taught by the right people.

What I mean is that if the people teaching the class take care of less than 50 critical newborns a year then you are not going to be getting the advantages of experience.

I would rather have a good L&D RN or RRT who attends about 50 deliveries per month.

Very few of these babies require a NICU. They just need a little help getting started.

I also remember when it was the 2 day course called NALS. But, they found that much of the information was redundant for those taking the course so just the essentials are now covered. It is a decent overview for some and a review or update for others.

i did PEPP durring my EMT course and thought it was a good help and expansion on what the EMT book said(which wasnt much). They give you a nice assesment tool to use on just kids its a more scenario based learning type class.