New to this sight...

EMTsheri

[/font:446eb1add8]

Hey all! I am an EMT in Louisville, KY working @ LMEMS. We are quite the busy service with close to 100,000 runs per year. I honestly love my career. Before I started this job I actually thought I would LOSE weight. LOL Anyway...looking forward to getting to know some new friends from different states and services. Peace and safety to all. Happy Holidays!

Welcome aboard!

As for the weight, be careful. You find the calls come in just as the food is served, so you take to cramming it down. The body doesn't recognize that you ate, you'll still feel hungry, and you'll eat again.

On that, I speak from over 35 years worth of experience!

A side note on that: Most ambulance crews in the field are still looking for that sniffer device that alerts the dispatchers that there is food in the ambulance, therefore, the crew must immediately be given a call that will allow the food to get cold, or if Ice Cream, melt!

Welcome to the CITY Sheri, We have a great bunch of people here. Hope you find the site full of useful information and knowledge.

A piece of advise given to me when I started in EMS is, Eat the fries first.

Because the cooks at McDonalds spit on our Big Macs, just like they do to the cops.

Dusty, if anyone spits into the food, or, as in a Youtube I saw a long time ago, some idiot urinating into the coffee pot (!), it is not just something for the attention of the local or state department of health, that is considered an assault! People have been arrested and incarcerated, as well they should be.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.