lost by a popularity contest

darkangelx66

...I vented in my blog about being voted secretary, and had deleted the text of the entry so I do not recall what I said exactly, but other than the fact that I was stuck with taking it since no one else wanted it...

Yeah, probably don't get any collar brass for your uniform for being secretary, so it's not nearly as popular as being a second lieutenant. Besides, secretary probably involves some actual work, which is also not very popular with 19 year olds.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember, it's New Jersey-Vol. EMS, that's a whole different world. I think it's time for this thread to die, before it becomes another bash session. Disgruntled, former, members (no offense beegs) vs Ambo Services; and disenfranchised members airing out their dirty laundry in public, will not trigger sympathy. It will make your service look really bad. That's bad for the morale of your service and community; don't punish everyone, to expose a few rotten eggs.

Just remember, it's New Jersey-Vol. EMS, that's a whole different world. I think it's time for this thread to die, before it becomes another bash session. Disgruntled, former, members (no offense beegs) vs Ambo Services; and disenfranchised members airing out their dirty laundry in public, will not trigger sympathy. It will make your service look really bad. That's bad for the morale of your service and community; don't punish everyone, to expose a few rotten eggs.

I whole heartedly agree with you. My responses were pure bursts of annoyance and anger that still lingered from the place. I had only come onto the site to visit the chat that had some friends in it that I actually like to speak to and was pointed to this thread. I do not visit the forums at all anymore FOR this reason.

Yeah, probably don't get any collar brass for your uniform for being secretary, so it's not nearly as popular as being a second lieutenant. Besides, secretary probably involves some actual work, which is also not very popular with 19 year olds.

Two years in a row I was voted President of the Voluntary Fire/Rescue basically because no one else would do it. I didn't get any brass, and didn't care. Actually I didn't want any brass. I did it up until I got on paid full time.

This popularity contest thread has really developed a lot more than I thought it would. But I'm guilty of posting, keeping it alive also. Oh well. Like I said, I've been bored.

Me, Being one of the only 3 members of the Ruffems volunteer fan club I was voted out as Grand Poobah (the other members were Myself and I), what a bunch of immature and irresponsble members in that organization. they are so unprofessional. They suckage all the worst of life out of their members. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Me, Being one of the only 3 members of the Ruffems volunteer fan club I was voted out as Grand Poobah (the other members were Myself and I), what a bunch of immature and irresponsble members in that organization. they are so unprofessional. They suckage all the worst of life out of their members. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Oh great! The dues I've been paying to the Ruffems Volunteer Fan Club were OBVIOUSLY embezzled!

I should have been in sthe running for President or at the very least Vice President!!

I can't win against the 'good ol' boy network'! It was a popularity contest, and I lost because I wasn't as 'popular' as those other inexperienced yahoos running!

I er.... never got your dues, um I mean, I spent your dues on cheap sunglasses and wierd women. But I did get a cool new laptop for christmas. Thanks RVFC

I er.... never got your dues, um I mean, I spent your dues on cheap sunglasses and wierd women. But I did get a cool new laptop for christmas. Thanks RVFC

Hey I want my refund too.... (*grumbles*) oh wait I was one of the ... err never mind I dont want my dues back :wink: :wink:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/itku...welcome-1-1.jpg Well being a volunteer my self, and having voluntered for such thing as Law Enforcement and EMS (auto volunteered in EMS), I sympathize with one not being voted President or Vice President,however when me my self and I voted outed Ruffems out as Grand Poobah of RVFC. Well it goes to show the fan base might not be there or there really wondering where there dues went.. It would be hard to say that this vote was due to popularity, it seem to be base on the amount of dues paid. Hope that Ruffems enjoys his new found spoils ie the laptop computer

wuhahahahahahahah 8)

Now the wonderment begins, do I become a Paying member of RVFC or stay as a Associate non voting memb 8) er