Request to AK and ADMIN for a Republic of ALBERTA FLAG.

tniuqs

Dont know if you are following Canadian politics ... but I know in Western Canada are about to take up ARMS for OUR Democracy!

Less than two months ago, the people of Canada gave the Conservative party a strengthened mandate to lead Canada during the most serious global economic crisis in generations.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION, ACT ON THIS AND SEND TO YOUR ASSOCIATES.

While the Government has been working on strengthening our economy, the opposition has been working on a backroom deal to overturn the results of the last election without seeking the consent of voters. They want to take power, not earn it. They want to install a government led by a party that received its lowest vote share since confederation. They want to install a prime minister, Prime Minister Dion, who was rejected by the voters just six weeks ago with the fewest number of Liberal votes in the history of the Liberal Party. They want to install a coalition that they explicitly promised not to support.

The Liberals campaigned against a coalition with the NDP because they said the NDP’s policies were bad for the economy. The Liberals promised that they would not support a coalition with a party that campaigns on TEARING APART OUR COUNTRY. And now they plan to enter into the very same coalition under the guise of strengthening the economy.

IS IT A WONDER THAT THE TSE HIT THE LOWEST POINT IN IT’S HISTORY TODAY, WHEN THE ACTIONS OF THE OPPOSITION PARTY LEADERS WAS MADE PUBLIC? HOW IS THIS “STRENGTHENING OUR ECONOMY?”

While the opposition has every right to defeat the government, Stéphane Dion does not have a right to take power without an election. Canada ’s government should be decided by Canadians. Not backroom deals where power-hungry radicals that run the Liberal and the NDP parties by forming a coalition with the support of the Quebec separatists in order to illicitly SEIZE POWER, as if we were living in a third world, dictator-ruled country.

This is Bullshit what the HELL are we fighting for in Afganistan if this is happening IN Canada!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please remove the "are you smarter than Steven Harper advertisment pop up"

I did not see any hate pop ups with Obama and McCain ... show some respect please !

Thanks in advance !it is possible to loose ALL Alberta Medics contributing to this site, as if Dion is successful then Albertas Members of Parliment will go from 27 to ONE! Alberta is the Economic Power and faces no input for the future of Canada.

http://www.paramedicweb.info/ipb/index.php?showtopic=4670

I scored 156, I am smarter than a Stephen Harper. Thank you Mr. Foxworthy. :D

But: Chuck Stahl can do the math it seems ?

By Chuck Strahl MP

November 29, 2008

Last week I sent around an update on Canada’s economic situation, with the observation that it wasn’t a very enjoyable subject to write about. Unfortunately, this week it appears that our economic woes are morphing into a political crisis of sorts, at a time when we can least afford it. What’s happening in Ottawa is bordering on the absurd, but its impact would be felt most harshly by Canadians, not political parties. It is potentially a shame of historic proportions.

The Throne Speech I wrote about last week has now been passed. The Opposition Parties apparently had no trouble supporting the direction of the Conservative government, and in fact, they let it pass “on division”, which means they didn’t even want a stand up vote! When the Finance Minister tabled his economic update, though, things got ugly, mostly because the speech made reference to politicians and political parties receiving less from the government coffers. Suddenly, the Liberals and NDP want to form an alternative government, apparently by joining forces in a coalition, and supported by the separatist Bloc Quebecois.

This unholy alliance is trying to paint a different picture, of course. They say they simply want to spend more money to stimulate the economy, but when asked for details, it’s pretty thin gruel. Apparently they’re prepared to take the ‘ready, shoot, aim” approach to spending, and agree to some blank cheques without even knowing what will actually help specific industries, without knowing what Barak Obama has planned, and without working in concert with the other G-20 countries. It is a recipe for a fiscal disaster.

More importantly, it is a democratic disaster. During the campaign, Liberal leader Stephane Dion said he would not and could not have a coalition with the NDP, because their policies would destroy the economy. Apparently that principled position has now gone out the window. Now we have the prospect of the Liberals (with 77 seats) joining with the NDP (with 37 seats) to unseat the democratically elected Conservatives (with 143 seats) . Of course, the only way to do that would be with the support of the separatist Bloc Quebecois, who bring their votes to the table in exchange for their separatist agenda. It is almost beyond belief, but apparently the back room discussions amongst these parties are happening as I write this note.

As I said last week, our Conservative government has been preparing our economy for over a year to weather this world-wide economic storm as best we can. We have brought in almost $200 billion dollars in economic stimulus over a 5 year period, by lowering taxes across the board and in every category. We have freed up billions more by adopting Bank of Canada policies and mortgage protection that have increased the availability of credit and addressed liquidity issues, without costing the taxpayer too much and without risking our country’s core stability. The IMF, the World Economic Forum, the OECD and other international organizations are united in their opinions that Canada is in the best shape of any industrialized nation in the world. Now the left-leaning parties in Parliament are willing to risk it all in order to gain power through the back door, power that was denied to them in a general election.

In order to diffuse this crisis, our government has agreed to separate the political party financing issue from the confidence vote, and we’ll be bringing it back to Parliament in a stand-alone Bill for a vote next year. Whether a person believes the taxpayer should be forced to pay for political party finances will be debated and decided at another time. I’ll be supporting the Bill when it comes to a vote, and we’ll see what happens. For now, Canadians should be appalled that we could be thrown into a democratic and constitutional crisis by an attempt to gain power at any cost, to overthrow the democratically expressed will of the Canadian people, all at a critically important economic time for us all.

I’m uncertain where all of this is going, but it is entirely possible that the Conservatives could lose the confidence of Parliament and be forced into an election within days. You can’t run the government without revenue, and we simply must have the authority to pay the bills and stick to the agenda already approved in the Throne Speech. But it is also entirely possible that the Conservatives could be forced from government by the Liberal/NDP/Bloc coalition, if the Governor General agrees. Canada deserves better than either of these options, and we’ll be working hard to keep everyone focused on the economy, jobs, and a sound budgetary plan. We believe Canadians want us to get on with governing. But I just don’t know what will happen, and I share Canadian’s shock and anger that we’re teetering on this abyss at this critical time.

The vote to bring down the government will now take place on December 8th, so Canadians have a week or so to express themselves before that critical moment. I urge everyone to write a letter-to-the editor, call a radio talk show, circulate this article (or others) through their own email list, and contact political parties with their opinion. A strong grassroots reaction may be the only thing that stands between us and a Prime Minister Stephane Dion and Finance Minister Jack Layton.

The only problem I have with people on soap boxes is that they THINK they know all the facts. For example, the Toronto Stock Exchange hasn't been known as the TSE for years. It was changed to the TSX, as for the lowest level in history? pfft, Even I remember it being below 6,000. What do these have to do with the political agenda of the writer? Nothing, but it does speak to the reliability of his "FACTS" I'm surprised that message didn't come with a note claiming you will have bad luck if you don't pass it on to 10 friends in 5 minutes.

Politicians are of a breed alone, backstabbers and backroom dealers. No, I don't like what the Liberals and NDP are doing either, then again, I didn't vote for Harper. One wonders though....is the Liberal leadership race still going to happen if Dion becomes PM? I'm hoping the Gov Gen dissolves parliament, either way, it's a no win for the Liberals.

the Toronto Stock Exchange hasn't been known as the TSE for years. It was changed to the TSX, as for the lowest level in history? pfft, Even I remember it being below 6,000. What do these have to do with the political agenda of the writer? Nothing, but it does speak to the reliability of his "FACTS" I'm surprised that message didn't come with a note claiming you will have bad luck if you don't pass it on to 10 friends in 5 minutes.

Politicians are of a breed alone, backstabbers and backroom dealers. No, I don't like what the Liberals and NDP are doing either, then again, I didn't vote for Harper. One wonders though....is the Liberal leadership race still going to happen if Dion becomes PM? I'm hoping the Gov Gen dissolves parliament, either way, it's a no win for the Liberals.

TSX/TSE .... whatever, the lowest thats what CBC reported, shoot me please.

Sorry I didn't see Foxworthy on the ballet, I wanted to Vote for Bubbles !

No win for the Liberals well you got that part right ... No win for Canadians would be a more truthful statement

btw the Governor General was appointed by the Liberals .... need a bit of a history lesson their Kat, remenber all the other french speaking laywers as previous PMs ... a patronage scandal, an AirBus payoff ?

cheers

"akflightmedic"Will this work bro? Sorry, couldn't pass on the comic relief.

Well its a bit tatered and but no oil rig on it ?... The borders need far more definition, maybe stretch it from Manitoba Border to BC ? but take out the King squint thing ... President ELECT Squint, thanks in advance.

Hey I got an Idea ... declare democracy in Afgan Land, have El Qaeda and the Taliban plus a few warlords for good measure have a "back cave meeting" to form a COOPERATIVE .... then you can come back to Jasper and become the villiage idiots helper ..... couldnt pass on the comic relief either :D

cheers

I will buy ... Like always :D

Dont know if you are following Canadian politics ... but I know in Western Canada are about to take up ARMS for OUR Democracy!

This is Bullshit what the HELL are we fighting for in Afganistan if this is happening IN Canada!

I agree squint.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.