ACP to RN?

evjm

I know the U of A will give you some sort of credits towards your RN degree,but I'm pretty sure its something like a years worth a credits with your college cert,leaving you with 3 years left of school at the University level. But check with your local U.

My partner checked into this thouroughly, and the simple answer is ... no

They will credit from RN TO Medic, but not Medic to RN.

UofA will give you some A&P cedits but it does not even shave a year off the RN program.

I was looking into taking the RN program at U of Calgary and Mount Royal. Both said they would not credit EMT, but would credit paramedic. The best thing to do is go in and meet with the faculty of nursing advisor/counseller. Talking to them on the phone is crap. Im pretty sure they will credit you- I think you'll only have to do two years and maybe a couple spring/summer courses. Hope this helps.

but if you take RN program instead of Paramedic,and you complete the program, you are eligible to challenge Paramedic exams. Funny how that works.

RN is 4 years full time

Paramedic is 2.5yrs full time (including EMT)

Makes sence to me!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.