manhattan ems (and surrounding areas)

tskstorm

recently there has been what seems an epidemic of bad weed in Spanish Harlem and midtown ... the calls are coming in mostly as all sorts of things but the text will say something like, dizzy, lightheaded, confused. They are basically calling because they are having bad trips ... Most will up and say I was smoking weed but I don't feel right, I don't smoke that often to get like this. They have been presenting tachycardic, hypertensive, and dilated pupils. Normally this is not such a big thing, but yesterday when I rolled into a hospital, one of the Dr's was talking to the patient he became unresponsive, and the hospital had a difficult time trying to get him back. This was my 5th call like this in the last 3 days, just wanted to give everyone a heads up and see if anyone else had any calls like this ?

Haven't seen it in my area but we'll keep an eye out for it. Wonder what's in it.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I would guess you have a case of people making formaldehyde and weed. That is how all the ones i have encountered tend to present. Occasionally they will just go crazy like someone on PCP. I had one break out of leather restraints and charge the ER staff. Be careful if they are making "fry" as they will become combative.

Please explain.

Weed laced with PCP

# Slang Terms for Marijuana:

Weed, Pot, Bud, Herb, Grass, Reefer, Ganja, Green, Mary Jane, Cheeba, Dope, Endo, Buddha, Smoke, Wheezy

# Slang Terms for Marijuana Laced with Other Drugs:

With PCP - Boat, Loveboat, Chips, Donk, Illies, Illing, Lovelies, Love Leaf, Killer Weed, Supergrass, Wack, Woolies, Zoom, Fry, Frios (Spanish), Yerba Mala (Spanish)

With Formaldehyde (embalming fluid) - Boat, Loveboat, Fry, Amp, Drank, Clickem, Ill, Illy, Wack, Wet, Water-Water

With Cocaine - Chronic, Banano, Caviar, Champagne, Cocoa Puff, Gremmies, Lace

With Crack Cocaine - Chronic, Bazooka, Cocktail, Crack Back, Fry Daddy, Dirty, Geek, Gimmie, Juice Joint, Liprimo, Oolies, P-Dogs, Torpedo, Turbo, Woolies

# Potency-Related Terms:

Low-grade - Schwag, Dirt weed

Mid-grade - Middies, Skunk

High-grade - Kindbud, KB, Hydro (hydroponically-grown), Nugs, Trees, Dank, Sensimilla (Spanish for "without seeds"), Kif (crystals shaken off high-grade buds, pronounced "keef")

# Use & Users:

Blunt - L, L-P, Bob, Philly, Dutchie, Gars

Joint - J, Jay, White-Boy

Thai Sticks - bundles of marijuana soaked in hash oil

Shotgun - inhaling smoke forced into one's mouth by another's exhaling, usually with a blunt

Dusting - adding another, powdered drug to marijuana

Clambaking/Hotboxing - having a marijuana session in a tightly enclosed space (i.e. - in a car with the windows rolled up)

420 - "International Pothead Code" - time for smoking marijuana (4:20), date for marijuana holiday (April 20)

Head Shop - a store that sells paraphernalia and smoking accessories

Heavy user - Pothead, Weedhead, Airhead, Head, Stoner, Burnout, Fiend

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.