MEd Math Lecture

flashover49

I am looking for a good med math lecture. I had one but due to a recent hard drive crash I lost it. I hate most of the canned lectures that come with the text book's. I am looking for a down and dirty lecture and am willing to trade lectures for it. Let me know. I have a few instructors that are just hacking this apart and am trying to regain control. LOL Thanks RC

My advice, no student is going to learn as well from a hundred some odd powerpoint slides made by someone with no context on what you're hoping to accomplish with these students and how you to teach as they will from a minimalist approach with only the main points on powerpoint and a good lecturer filling in the details, engaging with the material and trying to draw the students in. As an instructor I find my teaching flows much better with slides I've made or at least edited myself than when I use the stock course ones (I've been rewriting them as I go). And as a student I can tell when the instructor is using slides that came with the book vs when they've determined for themselves how they want to teach and how they're going to accomplish it. The flow is there, the understanding on their part is there and the students are far more engaged in the material.

Also if you give students slides with everything they need to know on them and let them print them off for notes, they're going to find it harder to pay attention and learn then if you give them minimalist slides and they take notes to expand on the key points they've been given.

Good luck! I find studying medical math so painful no matter how motivated I am to learn it.

Ya, I know. I had an awsome lecture that really broke it down and got rid of the BS I did not need. My problem is that I am teaching to new medic classes as well as working full time as a FF/Medic. I don't have the time now to re do another lecture as well as start dorm scratch. My biggest problem is that the college has such few good instructors and allot of so so ones. I can't be there every class. I am lacking for a basic no frills lecture to get me by till I can get one done. If you have something I would really like to take a look at it. I have some awsome CE lectures as well as others. Let me know.RC