Drop Leg Pouches

Fox800

Anyone use one of these in the field? Interested in getting one for trauma calls/rescue situations. Something to have to stash some of the more useful trauma accessories (tourniquet, long IV caths, NPAs/OPAs, bandages, petrolatum dressings, shears, etc). I've found a few different models and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Call me a whacker, but our bags can be a huge pain to get through tight spaces, much less fish things out of them without spilling the entire bag into a wrecked car/tight space.

North American Rescue CCRK: http://www.narescue.com/Combat-Casualty-Re...Ind--P28C4.aspx

Pro Med Kit ALS Leg Pack: http://promedkits.com/als_leg.html

CUF Tactical Medic Thigh Rig: http://www.hsgear.biz/ProductInfo~productid~36-CUFTHIGH.html

I think I'm going to just order an empty pouch and stock it myself.

What do you think of it? Did you get it stocked or empty?

I usually carry some stuff on a duty belt but our rescue turnouts negate that. I could clip one of these pouches onto the nylon belt of my turnout pants and at least have some basic stuff with me.

The only "Drop-Down" bag we use, if I understand your definition, is the one holding the gas mask we are assigned by the FDNY EMS Command. It can be carried as a small side bag, clipped to the belt, or the belt and around the leg.

My main complaint with them is, on some of the older ambulances we use, the bag blocks easy access to the door handle, so you have to struggle opening the door to get out of the ambulance.

That is why I usually use a "speed klip" to just fasten the bag to my "utility belt, and clip it back on while exiting the vehicle, and removing it on return to the ambulance cab.

What do you think of it? Did you get it stocked or empty?

I usually carry some stuff on a duty belt but our rescue turnouts negate that. I could clip one of these pouches onto the nylon belt of my turnout pants and at least have some basic stuff with me.

I got it empty and stocked it myself. Like I said, I use it for high angle work, since that will keep it off my back.

I think it would get in the way to much, for everyday use. You can try it and see how it works for you.

As far as the product, they are great. NARescue makes top quality products.

Call me a whacker, but our bags can be a huge pain to get through tight spaces, much less fish things out of them without spilling the entire bag into a wrecked car/tight space.

OK, you're a Whacker

So, whats the alternative here? Carrying the whole bag around your leg?

Bringing a large backpack and a separate trauma pack and digging through them for supplies in a confined space/vehicle rescue situation, while not spilling the stuff everywhere.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.